Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Richard Colless on ABC Grandstand Tonight

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I wonder if this interview will stir the pot again and have an effect on the Jesse White trade.
    Probably give us Pick 44 for him
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the veteran's list
    Did anyone see the second part of that Colless interview? Can't find it on the ABC website where the first half is located.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Part 2 of interview was played tonight. Two nice points made by Colless:

1. at the question of whether the Swans' recruitment of Franklin was a ploy to squash GWS, he laughed and said it would be a very expensive way to go about doing that.

2. again re Franklin and GWS - Franklin would not have come to play in Sydney if he had not got a contract with the Swans.

When asked more broadly re GWS, he showed no animosity towards them but in response to a direct question reiterated the Swans' belief that it would be very difficult for two AFL clubs to be successful in the Sydney market, unlike soccer where there had been an untapped market ready to embrace a second club.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Did anyone see the second part of that Colless interview? Can't find it on the ABC website where the first half is located.
    I expect it will go up on ABC site - usually takes a couple of hours for shows to get posted in my experience.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I expect it will go up on ABC site - usually takes a couple of hours for shows to get posted in my experience.
    Thanks Meg. Any mention of the "rift" with Roos?
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Re Paul Roos - Colless explained that he had been asked 'if' Paul Roos was trying to recruit young players from the Swans Academy what would be his response. Colless said that he had foolishly given an answer to a hypothetical question. He said that he and Roos had now exchanged friendly emails but said that only Roos could answer whether their relationship was restored and that it would only be clear from a face-to-face meeting between them.

I suspect that there was a much longer interview than was shown. Pity would have been interesting to see/hear the complete piece. Colless's slow, measured style, where he stops to think before he responds, is not conducive to getting a lot into a short TV interview! (The journo who got the scoop of Colless appearing to attack Roos must have been clever enough to break through the Colless style.)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Re Paul Roos - Colless explained that he had been asked 'if' Paul Roos was trying to recruit young players from the Swans Academy what would be his response. Colless said that he had foolishly given an answer to a hypothetical question. He said that he and Roos had now exchanged friendly emails but said that only Roos could answer whether their relationship was restored and that it would only be clear from a face-to-face meeting between them.

I suspect that there was a much longer interview than was shown. Pity would have been interesting to see/hear the complete piece. Colless's slow, measured style, where he stops to think before he responds, is not conducive to getting a lot into a short TV interview! (The journo who got the scoop of Colless appearing to attack Roos must have been clever enough to break through the Colless style.)
    If what Colless said it true, the journalist is an absolute scumbag. Must be a Hawks supporter.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    I found it here....Grandstand Monday October 21 - Grandstand TV - ABC Grandstand Sport (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Interview starts at the 4.45 minute mark.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123