Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamb has gone to GWS

Senior Player

Lamb has gone to GWS

Bummer. Good depth player. Hope we have a couple of recycled players on the radar.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Really disappointed to read this. It reads as if GWS were prepared to offer more money, longer term, guaranteed seniors games or all of the above. In any case I see it as a serious loss for us and a classy gain by the Giants, an ideal ready-made midfielder/forward. I imagine Mummy will be pleased to see him too. Best of luck Jed and every success against teams outside Sydney!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

wow
    it makes sense from Lambies perspective i suppose ?????????''

giants have picks 1, 2, 21, 22, 76

i doubt GWS will offer pick 22 unless we play hard ball and so to Lambie
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Not sure he is a big loss for us.

Goes up to 11
    This Franklin business is now starting to annoy me. Jed is a fine up and coming player with real class who will have an excellent career ahead of him. We have now lost a decent amount of depth, and more will come in the following few years as we struggle to deal with 2 players brought in from elsewhere that take up 20% of our cap space.

I'm starting to feel very nervous about our recruiting people and the long term impacts on this club. Time will tell no doubt and I'll happily be proven wrong but on the balance of things, for me, over the longer term we are losing more than we are gaining.

Another solid pick up for the Bogans and it makes perfectly good sense for Jed.

Not sure he is a massively major loss, totally replaceable, but we'd be disappointed to be sure. Guess this may impact on Dre's move but GWS will be able to outbid us on him as well. Perhaps we can bundle the two up and get a draft upgrade from 35 to 22? Or 21 and 22 for 15 plus Dre and Jed?

Have a feeling we may get a little currency out of this is GWS would like both Jed and Dre (which you would think they do)

Warming the Bench
    Losing any first round selection you put 3 years into developing is always a loss. We have been shafted these last 2 days..

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    This Franklin business is now starting to annoy me. Jed is a fine up and coming player with real class who will have an excellent career ahead of him. We have now lost a decent amount of depth, and more will come in the following few years as we struggle to deal with 2 players brought in from elsewhere that take up 20% of our cap space.

I'm starting to feel very nervous about our recruiting people and the long term impacts on this club. Time will tell no doubt and I'll happily be proven wrong but on the balance of things, for me, over the longer term we are losing more than we are gaining.
    From my perspective we rally are banking the house on winning at least one flag in the next three years with KT and Buddy and the core of the current squad.

You would assume KT's deal will not be extended which will then absorb most of Buddy's big money years with pay increases and upgrades for other players coming out of salary cap increases. And let's not forget we have some big money coming out of our cap at the end of this year as Goodes, ROK, Shaw and LRT hang up their boots.

It's not without risk but I am going to enjoy the ride....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    Losing any first round selection you put 3 years into developing is always a loss. We have been shafted these last 2 days..
    How have we been shafted? Surely it's swings and roundabouts. Mummy went for close to market value (what we paid for him draft wise), Jesse at 44 is not far off the mark as he could be a complete dud. Jed is a disappointment but we don't know what we will get yet.

I would like us to play hardball on this one and demand pick 22 or take him to the PSD!!!

Warming the Bench
    A premiership ruck man in the prime age bracket for a 3rd round pick is being shafted. A young CHF who can also ruck who is just about to hit his peak for a 3rd round pick is being shafted.

Yes Jesse might end up being a dud, but he is going to do a whole lot better than the Q stick did this year for the Pies.

Maybe I just despise giving players to the teams I hate most... hmmm

Senior Player
    It's all about the now, it's all very well to look at the future but we currently have a team capable of winning a flag, we did after all finish 4th this year with a heap of injuries. I am disappointed we have lost mummy, but lets be honest if we were asked at the end of last year that we would get Franklin for mummy, lamb and white I am sure many would have jumped at the offer. Why was lamb dropped for the finals when Cunningham and biggs got games? As for Tippett I would hope he would get another contract. We are still ok with some pretty damn good players in the team excluding Franklin. I am also hoping to enjoy the ride. Bring on 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    It's all about the now, it's all very well to look at the future but we currently have a team capable of winning a flag, we did after all finish 4th this year with a heap of injuries. I am disappointed we have lost mummy, but lets be honest if we were asked at the end of last year that we would get Franklin for mummy, lamb and white I am sure many would have jumped at the offer. Why was lamb dropped for the finals when Cunningham and biggs got games? As for Tippett I would hope he would get another contract. We are still ok with some pretty damn good players in the team excluding Franklin. I am also hoping to enjoy the ride. Bring on 2014.
    Agreed. Assuming we can trade a Mummy replacement the commercial reality may be Buddy for White/Lamb/Dre. I'd take that as I think we have loads of depth to cover Lamb and Dre.

Loving the fact we are rolling the dice, it may not work out but it will not be dull. I love the blue collar ethos playing wise but the reality is that we have been a bit dull on the marketing front lately which, like it or not, is vital in Sydney. The column space that Buddy will fill next season will need to be seen to be believed. His first game at the SCG will be a match to remember

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast