Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodes on his injury and rehab

Senior Player

Goodes on his injury and rehab

Goodes reveals extent of injury

Thought this was an interesting (telling?) quote:

Unfortunately for us, we have lost seven pretty classy players and we have only really gotten ?Buddy? Franklin in the trade period, so we have got to rely pretty heavily on our senior players again

Mixed messages there.

This whole buddy deal is starting to @@@@ me, because its creating unnecessary stress on everyone.

If this was such a bad idea, then why did the club who have built up respect and a rep for being awesome list managers, why did they OK it and went along with it? From Goodes POV he seems like he doesnt seem to be happy with it, as much as i am sure he will say otherwise.

Saying we ost 7 classy players and now the old heads have to step up is saying that the club has sold us short and now we have to rely on has beens. And 7 classy players? Sure maybe Lamb..but the others wernt classy.

Hmm i am at my wits end, i really am thinking of giving this code away. Since the end of the grand final the enjoyment of being a fan has been diminished by:

a) constant unneeded attacks on our club from people who dont have any idea on how the swans are run
    b) contant trolling from the melbourne media who are just rehashing stories and brain washing victorian fans with half truths and mass hyperbole. These stupid fans don't want to know facts..they want to hear that we are the lowest of the low, they want their suspicions confirmed or answered, even if its just lies.
    c) Just the childish behaviour of all AFL fans online and IRL. On Facebook and Bigdooty its just been one big over reaction and its been pathetic. Grown men acting like 6 year old boys on talk back radio.
    d) Bloody trade period. In the past its been 1 week..but not anymore..the AFL to keep this stupid game in the news all the time have perssisted with a very long and boring trade period.

I am mentally exhuasted tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    Mixed messages there.

This whole buddy deal is starting to @@@@ me, because its creating unnecessary stress on everyone.

If this was such a bad idea, then why did the club who have built up respect and a rep for being awesome list managers, why did they OK it and went along with it? From Goodes POV he seems like he doesnt seem to be happy with it, as much as i am sure he will say otherwise.

Saying we ost 7 classy players and now the old heads have to step up is saying that the club has sold us short and now we have to rely on has beens. And 7 classy players? Sure maybe Lamb..but the others wernt classy.

Hmm i am at my wits end, i really am thinking of giving this code away. Since the end of the grand final the enjoyment of being a fan has been diminished by:

a) constant unneeded attacks on our club from people who dont have any idea on how the swans are run
    b) contant trolling from the melbourne media who are just rehashing stories and brain washing victorian fans with half truths and mass hyperbole. These stupid fans don't want to know facts..they want to hear that we are the lowest of the low, they want their suspicions confirmed or answered, even if its just lies.
    c) Just the childish behaviour of all AFL fans online and IRL. On Facebook and Bigdooty its just been one big over reaction and its been pathetic. Grown men acting like 6 year old boys on talk back radio.
    d) Bloody trade period. In the past its been 1 week..but not anymore..the AFL to keep this stupid game in the news all the time have perssisted with a very long and boring trade period.

Hey, cheer up, just follow the cricket for the next few months. Plenty of new things to worry/complain/ fight about there!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    There is a lot of noise and misinformation out there which is annoying to read (even more so considering some of it comes from supposedly 'knowledgeable' journos) but you just have to shut it out, to me this is still the best sport out there. This is always the worst time of the year for a footy fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Hey, cheer up, just follow the cricket for the next few months. Plenty of new things to worry/complain/ fight about there!
    Haha brilliant Meg!

Oh and Spiffy, best thing to do is just not bother reading bigfooty or any negative press, that's how I cope after a crappy lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Haha brilliant Meg!

Oh and Spiffy, best thing to do is just not bother reading bigfooty or any negative press, that's how I cope after a crappy lose.
    Yeah i just need to ignore news and stay away from bigfooty. How the hell has no one ever sued the pants out of bigfooty is beyond me!

Adam is quite right we have lost depth players and a couple who had real talent. But it may not all be a loss if we can nab young Garlett from Swan Districts, he is a genuine talent. He would balance the talls and he is a natural crumber and kicked 46 goals this year. The trouble is going to be keeping players after a couple of years and maybe premierships if we get them. Salary cap is out enemy at the moment and losing COLA is going to make it tougher.

Is the Buddy move a GREAT ONE? Not so certain.

Yes he is a sensational player
    Yes the forward line will be awesome with him, Tip, Reid & Goodes
    Yes other sides will find it hard to combat
    Yes we may pick up some real talent, against all odds, in the National draft
    No we won't have the depth to cover injuries like we experienced this year
    No most of the new talent will not be ready to play AFL
    No the other players might not see this as a a totally positive move for them

So getting Buddy is a catch 22. Big gains offset by big losses.

The other problem is the rumour of Buddy's love of a party. They may be just that but...

A couple more for Wolftones 'Yes' list following Buddy recruitment:

Yes, we will get increased membership, media coverage, crowd numbers, sponsorship, revenue.

Yes, increased revenue will provide improved financial security in the difficult Sydney AFL market, more to spend on our footy department and make us more competitive with the wealthier Vic clubs.

I can't helping thinking that a lot of the players are really pissed off about the way it was done. Goodes doesn't exactly sound over the moon about Franklin. I liked it when things were so much simpler. Damn you free agency.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Goodes reveals extent of injury

Thought this was an interesting (telling?) quote:
    typical Swans saying everyone else has great formidable lineups or we just have to rely on our senior players

we are the best at the underdog spin !!

Parker, AJ, Birdy, Rohan, BJ, Rampe, Mitchell, Smithy are ready steady GO !!!!!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    Mixed messages there.

We'll see you again after our next p'ship!

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    I can't helping thinking that a lot of the players are really pissed off about the way it was done. Goodes doesn't exactly sound over the moon about Franklin. I liked it when things were so much simpler. Damn you free agency.
    The breaks in the logical flow of the quotes in that article suggest there have been sentences left out from what Goodes said. I would not be concerned about Goodes' attitude to Franklin's recruitment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast