Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodes on his injury and rehab

Are you saying that a journo completly took out of context what someone said and then manipulated it to get the desired outcome? An australian newspaper engaging in that sort of muck racking behaviour?

I am shocked! :0

Fair enough Meg. Think I'm starting to see glasses half full. Time for a beer.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    we are the best at the underdog spin !!
    True, but not sure that will wash any more now that our team has Goodes, Tippett and Franklin

Re-reading the article, agree that it does sound like a lot of selective quoting.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    The breaks in the logical flow of the quotes in that article suggest there have been sentences left out from what Goodes said. I would not be concerned about Goodes' attitude to Franklin's recruitment.
    Try this one for size.

Goodes' new Buddy keeps flag window open - AFL.com.au

Just wild about Harry
    I love the "Franklin was lured to the Harbour City" quote in the AFL article. Even they prefer to spin instead of use facts.

I seriously hate the media during the offseason. Such a load of bollocks from them at the best of times.

I don't know whether the Buddy move will prove to be good bad or plain ugly. But I do know that if it turns out well, I have little doubt we will go awfully close to adding to our collection of Premierships over the next few seasons, and I can not wait for next season to come around. Wherever the ride takes us, its going to be a lot of fun to say the least!

And despite losing young players, despite losing some depth - just think of this. A potential forward line of Franklin, Tippett, Reid, Goodes - plus a couple of extras (Rohan/resting Pyke). Just tell me who is going to keep a forward line of those 4 under control if we can break even in the middle of the ground? We will have the potential arsenal up forward, to on our day, blow any team off the park. You might keep 2 of them under control, even three, but teams will have to be awesome to keep all 4 under control. There will be a lot of 3rd/4th tall defenders for teams having very bad nightmares over the summer thinking about their next game against the Swans!

I for one can't wait to see how 2014 and beyond shapes up!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Yeah but we lost Dre and everyones favorite, White.

I mean those two guys were the core..

i'll just shut up.

Veteran Site Admin
    I am most excited about watching Goodes and Buddy run around on the same team next year. Fingers crossed that Goodes can recover well from his recent knee issues and eke a couple more years out of his body. He's been used to having a hard tag for much of his career. Buddy's arrival might just free him up so he can have fun running around and doing what he does best.

Whether we like it or not Journos are there to sell papers not to tell the truth. Losing White, Everitt, Mummy and Lamb will not stop us being a huge premiership chance. Only injuries will do that. We can replace all of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12