Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone worried about our ruck problems? Not now we have Derickx

Anyone worried about our ruck problems? Not now we have Derickx

Remembering Mike Pyke debuted Rnd 6 in his first year this guy's got to be a chance.

Check this then get excited, all aboard the Pat Mitchell bandwagon.

Patrick Mitchell Sydney Swans Signee Basketball Highlights - YouTube

How many times in the future will we hear "Big Mitch taps to Little Mitch"

"Remembering Mike Pyke debuted Rnd 6 in his first year this guy's got to be a chance.

Check this then get excited, all aboard the Pat Mitchell bandwagon."

Oh WOW! If he can kick a Sherrin ..............! I went back and looked at the short video and interview from August when the Swans announced that Mitchell was to be signed. He sounds like a mature and sensible young man, keen to do well but understanding how much he needs to learn. It was said then that he was due to arrive here in October (that is, now) and start training while the rest of the boys were still on leave. So look for him running around Lakeside ... Or down at Bondi - he said how much he was looking forward to the warmth and the beach after living in Des Moines.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He looks quick off the mark, has hands as fast as a striking death adder, blocks like a seasoned midfielder and jumps like a coiled spring. As Meg said, if he can kick a Sherrin ... well, he will do in fairly short order I'd think. The only thing against him is his weight, but doing an AFL pre-season, plus the extra he'll do beforehand, that will change.
    He will be closely watched.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

For those of you who haven't been introduced to Naismith yet, he is a very big unit, massive height, but agile, and I have often amused myself watching him and Steve Taubert consulting during the breaks, with Steve's head tipped back and Smithy's head bent forward, very intent on what was being said, but there would be about 20cm in height between them.

I have no worries about future rucking stocks. He is going to be just fine. Everyone else we take on board will be bonus.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Papers reported earlier Swans had faith in Naismith. I am tipping 8 _12 games for the kid

Suspended by the MRP
    Thought I would have a bit of fun! What do you think of my round 1, 2016 team?

B. Johnson P. Mitchell Rampe
    H.B Towers Reid N. Smith
    C Jetta K. Jack D. Hananbury
    H.F Mitchell Franklin Parker
    F. B. Jack Tippett Membrey
    Foll Nainsmith Kennedy Rohan
    Res Mckvigh Bird, Perris
    Sub Cunningham

What a team!

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    He looks quick off the mark, has hands as fast as a striking death adder, blocks like a seasoned midfielder and jumps like a coiled spring. As Meg said, if he can kick a Sherrin ... well, he will do in fairly short order I'd think. The only thing against him is his weight, but doing an AFL pre-season, plus the extra he'll do beforehand, that will change.
    He will be closely watched.
    At 108 kgs., did you think he was too light or too heavy?

Basketball players have such a good conversion rate to AFL because of the quick hand movement, especially in close, as well as the split second decision making.

Like every American athletic kid, he would have kicked around a football, but it's hard to say how far that will go toward what's required at AFL level. Mike Pyke shows just how good you can get if you're determined to succeed. In any case, I think he should become a pretty good handballer. And should be a good contested mark as well.

I like what I see. I'm on the PM bandwagon.

hear he was a gun soccer player up till 16yrs of age !

i wish
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Remembering Mike Pyke debuted Rnd 6 in his first year this guy's got to be a chance.

Check this then get excited, all aboard the Pat Mitchell bandwagon.

Patrick Mitchell Sydney Swans Signee Basketball Highlights - YouTube

How many times in the future will we hear "Big Mitch taps to Little Mitch"
    Great highlight reel. Why is he not playing NBA or at the very least NBL? If he can transition to AFL i think he could be a bigger success than Mike!
    Woooooo Hooooooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Basketball players have such a good conversion rate to AFL because of the quick hand movement, especially in close, as well as the split second decision making.

Like every American athletic kid, he would have kicked around a football, but it's hard to say how far that will go toward what's required at AFL level. Mike Pyke shows just how good you can get if you're determined to succeed. In any case, I think he should become a pretty good handballer. And should be a good contested mark as well.

In stock terms these two guys are probably speculative plays to make a real impact in 2014 but could well blossom in 2015.

I reckon we need to recruit at least one mature bodied ruckman in the ND, perhaps a 20-21 year old who has more of a man's body than a 17 year old draftee (Brown from Werribee has been touted). Worst case, if all three blossom in 2013, is that we have some serious trade bait at the end of next season. Would hate to ever see Pykey leave the red and white.

Guess our emergency plan is to have KT ruck the forward line, LRT the backline with Pyke controlling the centre.

Sure our recruitment team have been planning for this issue ever since the Buddy deal was a possibility (like, all season) and have heavily scouted ruckman all season.

Cannot wait for the ND now

From one report, Patrick Mitchell may already be in Sydney. I'm sure he will have many training sessions prior to the ND, so we should have some idea just how ready he will be this year. But it's hard to count on him for next season.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Mea culpa - I read pounds as kilograms! Correct weight!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast