Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Adam Goodes for PM. Pick his Ministry.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar

Adam Goodes for PM. Pick his Ministry.

Well in today's Sun Herald they have run with a story on how Goodesy would like to be PM. He actually scrubs up well in the photo on the front cover.

So as there is time to kill between now and the draft, I was wondering who would you suggest he picks as his Ministers should he get elected one day.

I was going to suggest that it be chosen from AFL/VFL identities present and past. The female representation might be harder to pick. A bulldog of a female Deputy - Caroline Wilson.

So as Minister of Gaming and Racing - Tony Lockett

Minister of Defence - Leo Barry, would you pick anyone else.

Foreign Affairs - Taigh Kennelly. Deputy would have to be Mike Pyke.

Finance Minister - Well you would have to pass on Daryn Cresswell and take the safer option of Gary Jack. He is very well known for being tight with his money.

Minister of Health - Dr Gibbs

Minister of the Social Arts - Kenny Williams

Now Adam would have to shave off his beard as you can't trust a man with a beard.

Well that has exhausted my list off the top of my head. Who else?
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Spiritual/religious affairs has to be Kirky

Goes up to 11
    Buddy will be the Minister for Aged Care

Andrew Ireland - Minister for Finance

Glutton for punishment BigBarryRound25's Avatar
    Always liked Wayne Swan as treasurer
    Jetta has to be minister for transport
    Reid - education
    Rohan - border protection
    This stuff just writes itself

defence - barry hall.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Whip - McVeigh.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Speaker - Dan Hannebery

Suspended by the MRP
    The timing of the article is interesting! Labor had a senate vacancy to fill from NSW to replace Bob Carr, and had not nominated a candidate as yet.

Whoever is nominated would most likely fill a six year term!

Maybe it was a open pitch for that vacant senate spot?

Happy and I know it
    The article highlights only a small part of what Adam apparently said in an interview to be aired on Tuesday night on TV (Living Black on NITV 8pm). I'll be interested to see the context.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Adam's political ambitions are very important to him and I started this thread as a bit of fun avoiding the political issues that people argue over.

I must mention that the Sun Herald also had an editorial comment on his ambition and the last part of that said that Adam would bring respect to the political process and not be caught up in the insults that politicians throw at each other. This would be a good thing and I know we all would be wishing him well.

OK back on lunatic topic:

Minister of Agriculture - Well it would have been Jed Lamb but as he is defecting then it goes to Mike Pyke.

Minister for the Environment - Joint Ministers Rhys Shaw and Nic Mal. The ideal beards for the job.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Adam's political ambitions are very important to him and I started this thread as a bit of fun avoiding the political issues that people argue over.

I must mention that the Sun Herald also had an editorial comment on his ambition and the last part of that said that Adam would bring respect to the political process and not be caught up in the insults that politicians throw at each other. This would be a good thing and I know we all would be wishing him well.

OK back on lunatic topic:

Minister of Agriculture - Well it would have been Jed Lamb but as he is defecting then it goes to Mike Pyke.

Minister for the Environment - Joint Ministers Rhys Shaw and Nic Mal. The ideal beards for the job.
    Plus isn't Shaw studying/working in landscaping as a post football career? (No idea where I heard this)
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast