Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Fixture - Rumours until 31st October (release date)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Rumours on that silly big footy website has us playing port twice but adelaide only once.

Also, from article this morning on news.com.au, rd 1 will be a saturday twilight fixture at skoda and rd 2 vs the pies at ANZ. At least that's one anz fixture done early but means no scg game until at least rd 4.
    With the season starting a couple of weeks early this year, the SCG probably won't be available. So it's likely we'll have to wait a while for our first home game.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    With the season starting a couple of weeks early this year, the SCG probably won't be available. So it's likely we'll have to wait a while for our first home game.
    Certainly not available until the last week of March meaning rd3 at the very least. MLB is on the week before so i guess it depends how long after that it takes to get the ground up to scratch.

Yep. Cricket then baseball so the first ANZ game is early on. If we do in fact play in Adelaide in Rd 3 then I'd imagine the SCG will be good to go by Rd 4.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    So despite having a newly renovated SCG with increased capacity, we stand to lose a game and get only 8 in 2014 by the looks of things. Wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    So despite having a newly renovated SCG with increased capacity, we stand to lose a game and get only 8 in 2014 by the looks of things. Wonderful.
    We can blame the Canberra Giants for having excessive games in our city.
    -

Any rumours on whether us Melbourne fans will get back the game we lost in 2013 (St Kilda game shifted to Wellington)?

It appears we are not getting ANZAC Day in NZ again, so you'd hope so although I am also sure Vic Membership fees will rise accordingly (even though they weren't reduced for loss of game last year).

AFL will hopefully fulfil the club's request to offer loyal South-of-the-border Swans fans five games (plus Geelong).

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Any rumours on whether us Melbourne fans will get back the game we lost in 2013 (St Kilda game shifted to Wellington)?

It appears we are not getting ANZAC Day in NZ again, so you'd hope so although I am also sure Vic Membership fees will rise accordingly (even though they weren't reduced for loss of game last year).

AFL will hopefully fulfil the club's request to offer loyal South-of-the-border Swans fans five games (plus Geelong).
    Hopefully there might even be 6 Melbourne based games if we are lucky, with no trip to the @@@@@@hole of the south. Although, if the rumours on big footy are true (that we have return games again GWS, Hawks, Port, Tigers and Essendon), that would on current rumours, give:
    - 2 games in Adelaide
    - 1 Away game in Sydney
    - We will have 1 Perth Trip (maybe freo this time?)
    - At least 1 Queensland trip, perhaps even 2 (played both in Sydney last year).
    - 2 games at MCG + 1 at Etihad for the return games (assuming we don't get the Dawks in Tasmania), plus at least 2 more, maybe 3 more trips to Melbourne, depending on the Queensland trips. Will be furious if it turns out to be 4 + a trip to geelong however or 4 + a Tasmania game, and seriously will look at throwing in my Melbourne based membership and upgrading my Sydney one instead.
    Last edited by mcs; 30th October 2013 at 11:35 AM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the Rookie List
    What I would like to see:

- Swans play Collingwood at the SCG for once.
    - Swans don't have to travel to Skilled for once.
    - How about Collingwood play Geelong at Skilled for once.
    - How about the AFL make their mind up re whether or not big games should only be played by well performing teams ie. they contradict themselves by saying that Pies and Hawks don't have to play at Skilled due to revenue, but then they showcase Melbourne on the Queen's Birthday, Brisbane on a Friday night slot and Saints on Anzac Day. Make up your ******* mind.
    - Swans don't ever play at ANZ again.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    What I would like to see:

- Swans play Collingwood at the SCG for once.
    - Swans don't have to travel to Skilled for once.
    - How about Collingwood play Geelong at Skilled for once.
    - How about the AFL make their mind up re whether or not big games should only be played by well performing teams ie. they contradict themselves by saying that Pies and Hawks don't have to play at Skilled due to revenue, but then they showcase Melbourne on the Queen's Birthday, Brisbane on a Friday night slot and Saints on Anzac Day. Make up your ******* mind.
    - Swans don't ever play at ANZ again.
    - Swans play Collingwood at the SCG for once. - Could happen, but not until after the ANZ deal expires
    - Swans don't have to travel to Skilled for once. - Most likely out of your 5 points on this wish list. I'd like to see this too.
    - How about Collingwood play Geelong at Skilled for once. - Will never happen
    - How about the AFL make their mind up re whether or not big games should only be played by well performing teams ie. they contradict themselves by saying that Pies and Hawks don't have to play at Skilled due to revenue, but then they showcase Melbourne on the Queen's Birthday, Brisbane on a Friday night slot and Saints on Anzac Day. Make up your ******* mind. - Melbourne's deal is with Collingwood, that's the only reason it flies. Brisbane get Friday nights but only against high rating Victorian clubs. The AFL threw money at St Kilda to go to NZ and play. It will not be as successful with Brisbane there as it was with us there IMO.
    - Swans don't ever play at ANZ again. - Sigh. We all know the deal has been done and the current situation will not be change until the deal expires. We have to accept it and move on. Get out there, support your team and forget about where you are.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

With Skilled now a "world class" venue that can seat a lot more fans the AFL should now force the big wigs to go and play at geelong preferably on a friday night in the middle of a geelong winter...yeah won't happen as the pie fans will miss out and the cats are sure not going to allow a 60/40 crowd.

Happy and I know it
    Looking forward to Andy D reading out the 2014 draw for several hours this morning. I'm assuming that's how it's done - like the Brownlow votes night?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Looking forward to Andy D reading out the 2014 draw for several hours this morning. I'm assuming that's how it's done - like the Brownlow votes night?

I hope he does it in the right order.
    Is there a red carpet event before hand?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast