Thread: 2014 Snrs vs Ressies

2014 Snrs vs Ressies

Time to have some serious fun - look how strong our depth is..........I am struggling to find a spot for LRT, Shaw or Birdy.......no doubt i will get down in flames but who do you drop ???

Seniors 2014

McGlynn, Tippett, Goodes
    Buddy, Reid, Rohan

Pyke
    Kennedy
    Macca
    Jack
    Hannes
    Jetta

Mal, Grundy, Smithy
    Rampe, Ted, AJ

19. Parker
    20. ROK
    21. Mitchell
    22. BJ

Ressies 2014

Nankervis, Walsh, Cunningham
    Hewett, Membrey, Towers

TomD
    Birdy
    Perris
    Robinson
    Lloyd
    Marsh

Laidler, LRT, Jones
    Biggs, X, Shaw

19. Sam
    20. Dick
    21. Lockyear
    22. Allir
    23. Mitchell.P
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Time to have some serious fun - look how strong our depth is..........I am struggling to find a spot for LRT, Shaw or Birdy.......no doubt i will get down in flames but who do you drop ???

Seniors 2014

McGlynn, Tippett, Goodes
    Buddy, Reid, Rohan

Pyke
    Kennedy
    Macca
    Jack
    Hannes
    Jetta

Mal, Grundy, Smithy
    Rampe, Ted, AJ

19. Parker
    20. ROK
    21. Mitchell
    22. BJ

Ressies 2014

Hewett, Membrey, Towers

TomD
    Birdy
    Perris
    Robinson
    Lloyd
    Marsh

Laidler, LRT, Jones
    Biggs, X, Shaw

19. Sam
    20. Dick
    21. Lockyear
    22. Allir
    23. Mitchell.P
    That does highlight to me that we have lost a little depth - in the ressies I'd only take Bird, LRT and Shaw as established senior players with Biggs and Cunningham close. Really need 2-3 others to step up to the plate and make their mark to get through the rigours of a full season.

Not complaining though, I think our horse-trading has put us closer to a flag with our top 22 but, as always, injuries play a huge role, especially when you are a little light on depth

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Seniors 2014

McGlynn, Tippett, Goodes
    Buddy, Reid, Rohan

Pyke
    Kennedy
    Macca
    Jack
    Hannes
    Jetta

Mal, Grundy, Smithy
    Rampe, Ted, AJ

19. Parker
    20. ROK
    21. Mitchell
    22. BJ

Ressies 2014

Hewett, Membrey, Towers

TomD
    Birdy
    Perris
    Robinson
    Lloyd
    Marsh

Laidler, LRT, Jones
    Biggs, X, Shaw

19. Sam
    20. Dick
    21. Lockyear
    22. Allir
    23. Mitchell.P
    In terms of how the coaches rate them, Bird would get a game ahead of Mal or Smith or a dozen other players from this year. Barring injuries or a significant loss of form he'll play seniors in 2014. LRT - it depends on his form after so long out. He could be a regular or he may never play for the Swans again. We'll just have to wait and see.

1. Jarrad McVeigh 807 votes
    2. Kieren Jack 769
    3. Josh Kennedy 650
    4. Dan Hannebery 634
    5. Ryan O?Keefe 625
    6. Luke Parker 542
    7. Ted Richards 483
    8. Craig Bird 479
    9. Nick Smith 453
    10. Nick Malceski 443

AJ is a long way from being match fit - remember they had to redo the op. You can count him out for the first half a dozen games at least.
    Plus never leave out LRT.

Plus there's no way Shaw will be dropped either. It makes it hard to fit everyone in but you can't ignore a 200 game rebounding backman.

I can't remember LRT being omitted when he was fit. If it wasn't for the fact that we have had to play him out of position for the last few seasons I'm sure he would still be a permanent fixture in the back 6. The fact that he wasn't is an indication that he can pinch-hit elsewhere rather than that he is finished as a backman.
    Besides I only got to wear that LRT T shirt once before he got injured. Bwing back the wiking.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Draft Scout
    we need to be playing a rotation of players and give a bit of experience to the up and comers.
    I estimate Shaw, Goodes, ROK, LRT and Walsh finishing by the end of the year.
    300k, 700k, 600k and packet of twisties available in cap - budget for buddy increase.

Extra million by my sums....hmmm...
    Staying ahead of the game...

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I can't remember LRT being omitted when he was fit. If it wasn't for the fact that we have had to play him out of position for the last few seasons I'm sure he would still be a permanent fixture in the back 6. The fact that he wasn't is an indication that he can pinch-hit elsewhere rather than that he is finished as a backman.
    Besides I only got to wear that LRT T shirt once before he got injured. Bwing back the wiking.
    There's an entire website that exists only to sell that one LRT T-shirt?
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post

There's an entire website that exists only to sell that one LRT T-shirt?
    Well, its a pretty cool T-shirt IMHO.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    AJ is a long way from being match fit - remember they had to redo the op. You can count him out for the first half a dozen games at least.
    Plus never leave out LRT.
    Good point on AJ wouldn't think he would be there early couple of games, couldn't see LRT being left out if fit. Its just going to come down to fitness and injuries - like last season.

Cheers

waz

Regular in the Side
    Might take more than "a couple of games" for AJ to regain his spot. Remember Malceski actually was quite ordinary for some time after his LARS. AJ is still good for 200 games so no need to rush him.