Thread: 2014 Membership -

2014 Membership -

Discuss...

Sydney Swans Membership - Proudly Sydney - Home

Personally bit annoyed there is no Lakeside membership option.

Excuse I was given last year was that as there only the 2 home games at ANZ that there was no point; that's not the case this year.

Also that there was a restricted Red Zone due to the SCG works; again not the case this year.
    -

I didn't know a pet membership gets you a collapsible water bowl. My cat will be thrilled.

Senior Player
    I generally get the Full Blooded Silver Vic membership, which is exactly as it was last year, but with an extra game in Melbourne. No complaints here.

Senior Player
    Am I reading incorrectly or has the SCG only platinum disappeared this year?

Just wild about Harry
    I was hoping to get my New Zealand game membership as this year's trip was such a ripping time.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    2 questions

1. Why is GA so much cheaper than Red Zone? (RZ ~50% more than GA)
    2. Why is there only one half GA bay at ANZ versus five at the SCG?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Am I reading incorrectly or has the SCG only platinum disappeared this year?
    I remember now...if you already had this, you could retain it. But it's not available as an option otherwise..same as last year.

Thinking about bringing mates to the footy?

Red Zone guest passes sold out at every match in 2013.

The best way to bring your friends to a match in 2014 is to sign them up as members!
    With Red 3 membership available for just $108 for an adult, they?ll be able to join you in the Red Zone at the SCG or ANZ Stadium. Membership cards are also fully transferable, so you could even bring a different mate to each match!
    The Red Zone sold out for the ANZ games? Impressive. If true.

I'm sure the half finished stadium had nothing to do with them selling out at the SCG neither....
    -

Apparently the Red Zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no stopping in the White Zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Discuss...

Sydney Swans Membership - Proudly Sydney - Home

Personally bit annoyed there is no Lakeside membership option.

Excuse I was given last year was that as there only the 2 home games at ANZ that there was no point; that's not the case this year.

Also that there was a restricted Red Zone due to the SCG works; again not the case this year.
    Good question. Personally I've been rolling mine over for years and I suspect I'm in one of those "you can stay on with what you have cos you're already with us" categories. What has happened to the old GA membership? Does the new SCG once completed not allow for that?
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I get General admission to one Sydney game and 1 Melbourne game with my WA membership. What does this actually mean?

As a Vic based member, am much happier with the 2014 membership compared to the 2013 membership.

No game down at Geelong is a bonus too!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    2 questions

1. Why is GA so much cheaper than Red Zone? (RZ ~50% more than GA)
    My guess would be location and quantity of seating - in the video on the Swans website where the membership department toured the construction site, they were talking up the fact that the Red Zone would now include all of Level 2 in the new Noble and Bradman stands - I dare say these seats would be classed as gold at least, or possibly even premium gold, if they were reserved seating bays, as they are elevated yet still relatively close to the action. By way of comparison, I note that parts of the Trumper at the opposite end of the ground, have been classed as platinum for next year. But I agree it is a big discrepancy where there is a >$100 price difference in concourse seating at one end of the ground compared to the other!

2. Why is there only one half GA bay at ANZ versus five at the SCG?
    This I really have no idea about. Given the size of ANZ, I'm surprised they don't have a larger GA section!

I'm all in favour of introducing a 'budget' category to make going to the footy more affordable, maybe they will tweak the categories a bit next year to better reflect the location/quantity of seating...