Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B Jack video

B Jack video

some of you may have seen this video last year but just in case a great reminder of the kids talent

sure just in the Sydney AFL comp but his anticipation, change of pace, execution and his lateral movement from his non preferred foot to the preferred is seriously as dangerous as anyone i have seen

Brandon Jack AFL Recruitment Video - YouTube

for me 1min 58secs in sums up why i believe he is going to apply some serious pressure for being in the 22 in 2014 - there is a maturity to this kick and lowering of the eyes to find a great target when he could have kicked for goal

this kid is a serious raw talent that me thinks surprised even his own brother in 2013 season

if he can surprise Kizza in 2013 maybe he can surprise us fans again in 2014 !

Ive made a few massive calls lately in saying that I think Rampe will be in our 22 for many years to come and equally i do believe that he may start to play more a HBF Midfield rotation over time - maybe not 2014 as Mal gets alot of the ball still but maybe in 2015 onwards........not many players can match crampy rampey in his 3km trials and just about every other test in pre season so no reason he wont bring it after another pre season !

I too truly believe in what i see with Brandon Jack - the kid just ooses a freakish skill level for a kid playing on the only the last 3 or 4 seasons and he certainly projects a steely mind that seems to me a 10yr player........massive call i know but i will stand by Brandon and Rampe featuring in 2014 and seriously making it very difficult for others to jump ahead of them in the 22

Laidler for me was only brought in to cover Mattner, Shaw, AJ all being slow rehabs or retired re Mattner

- - - Updated - - -

i think the coaches were even surprised !!

2013 COACHES CALL
    We drafted him because he?s got speed. He?s another one from our Academy and has physical attributes you can?t teach in how quick he is. You can teach kids football stuff, but it?s hard to teach genuine speed, which he has got.

Pre-season has been good. He needs to work aerobically, but he?s an athlete. He?s a very lightly-built footballer so we need him to develop physically as well as in his football knowledge.

We hope in 2013 that he can learn about football and learn his trade. He?s still very raw so this year is very much about development for him.
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Amen brother. I'm a convert.

Goes up to 11
    Yes I think we'll see a bit more from him in 2014 - not a full time top 22 as yet but he'll get plenty of opportunities.

He'd be starting to build an AFL highlights package too - especially his 4 goal effort against the Dees...

Veteran Site Admin
    What I find most impressive about Jack is what is not on that highlights video. Not a single run down chase or tackle in sight. Yet by about a quarter of the way through the 2013 NEAFL season, he was applying maniacal forward line pressure. It was his ability to so quickly grasp that the type of action that highlights video repeats over and over again weren't what was going to elevate him to playing senior AFL that was the highlight of his 2013 season for me.

Will get some games in 2014. 22 with a bullet in 2015

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    What I find most impressive about Jack is what is not on that highlights video. Not a single run down chase or tackle in sight. Yet by about a quarter of the way through the 2013 NEAFL season, he was applying maniacal forward line pressure. It was his ability to so quickly grasp that the type of action that highlights video repeats over and over again weren't what was going to elevate him to playing senior AFL that was the highlight of his 2013 season for me.
    Agree, BJ is one, very intelligent, young man. It is going to be a great pleasure to watch his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    why can't he play 22 games in 2014? I think he is ready to step up now. He is a very smart footballer, and the best place to learn is in big school. He will be a star by years end.

On the Rookie List
    Great talent. Hope to see him out there next year. He needs to work on two things in the pre-season:

1. Going to the gym and requesting those things called weights that he's heard Teddy Richards talk about;
    2. Running into open goals and kicking from 2 metres out with no pressure (ahhh...sorry kid, I couldn't help myself).

Everything else is A-ok and well ahead of schedule.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Blog Entries
    I suspect he'll push McGlynn or Birdy out of a spot very soon.

Senior Player
    Bird? Don't see that happening, and McGlynn eventually when age/injuries catch him a bit more.

Yeah a bit too skinny but at the same time we dont want to slow him down by adding msucle mass. I am sure the fitness staff know what they are doing.

Apart from that i think he will be better than Kieren. But two jacks at the swans? The NRL tigers must be spewing!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    why can't he play 22 games in 2014? I think he is ready to step up now. He is a very smart footballer, and the best place to learn is in big school. He will be a star by years end.
    I think Swansongster was referring to him being in the top 22 at the club.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast