Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which players from other teams supported the swans as kids?

Possibly Mark McVeigh??

Warming the Bench
    There use to be a sign near the old press box at the Lake oval that read.
    South support the Little River Band and the Little River Band support South.
    Derek Pellicci the drummer use to always wear a South jumper on stage when performing.
    Once I read somewhere that during a concert in America the whole group wore South jumpers on stage and that the next day the yanks all wanted to know where they could get them from.
    Darren Bennett who played for West Coast, Melbourne and then went to the US as a punter followed South, he also played for our little league, in those days the little league players came from your local zone and were under 11's.
    Craig Lambert also played little league and followed South.
    I lived in the North zone and played in the very first little league game at Waverley park, I also played against South at the Lake Oval and with very little time left in the game North were winning but South had a shot at goal which I could have marked and saved the game but not wanting South to lose I let it go through for a goal. Wayne Harmes dad was our coach and he told my mum afterwards that he knew that he shouldn't have played me that day.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Me
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Brett Ratten, Wayne Carey, Jared Rivers
    Is it just assumed that Carey supported the swans because he's from NSW, or is it a fact?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12