Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes puts buddy on notice.

Veterans List
    If that's his GF then he is travelling ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    You mean the one in the white hat?
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

You do know that his GF is a former Miss Universe Australia winner? Not a patch on our captains wife but she is pretty hot regardless.

And really Buddy is doing what most alpha sports players do.

- - - Updated - - -

What's a mom?
    The lady who buys candy and ketchup from the mall and she gets there by driving in her SVU pick up.

Look he probably did nothing wrong, but he'll always come across as a bit of a nob to some people, myself included. Just because he signed with us doesn't change the way I see him. There is just something I don't quite like about him. I don't have much great reason for it, Buddy just has that effect on some people. On the other hand some others absolutely love him, granted most are hawthorn supporters. As long as he behaves ( getting pissed at the races is probably fine, abusing females in bars and snorting coke not so much - allegations only) and performs very, very well for us on the field I haven't got any issue with his poor moustaches and wanky hats. It's not really a swans look but perhaps the whole point of the Buddy coup was to break free of the old swans image? Who knows? Goodbye ugly ducklings, hello pimp daddy swans. Let's go after a different crowd, the Happy Gilmore effect, get people through the gates no matter what the flow on effect?

you cant have brilliance without a touch of crazy !

Carey
    Ablett
    Hall
    Plugger

the list is endless !

im not worried in the slightest !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Advanced and fair warning seasoned with a challenge and tongue in cheek well and truly planted. Goodsey is saying a lot without appearing to say anything at all. Love it.
    We should call this thread the Buddy Incident File. He does have form for acting like a jerk in public which gives credence to this not-terribly-specific story. But if this is the worst he gets up to over the next nine years and 46 weeks, who cares.

Agree with you Prim that Goodes' handling of it was classy as usual.

On the Rookie List
    Seems as soon as we signed him he got fat. Is he fat every off-season? I bet if I tracked down a picture of Tippett right now he'd be looking AFL-ready.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

And there was a stupid pic of him and GF grocery shopping today. News? Not even in the slow period, from the laziest journo in Oz. Looking forward to the story about him eating Chrismas lunch...

Senior Player
    Buddy returning to preseason training early

Buddy making sure of Goodes impression - AFL.com.au

Reckon he's okay. There's seriously never been a knock on his training or fitness situation.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    You do know that his GF is a former Miss Universe Australia winner? Not a patch on our captains wife but she is pretty hot regardless.

And really Buddy is doing what most alpha sports players do.

- - - Updated - - -

The lady who buys candy and ketchup from the mall and she gets there by driving in her SVU pick up.
    Do you mean lollies & tomato sauce? That is a mum I believe. Only spelt mom in the US of A not anywhere else not even Canada.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 13th November 2013 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Seems as soon as we signed him he got fat. Is he fat every off-season? I bet if I tracked down a picture of Tippett right now he'd be looking AFL-ready.
    Buddy has a habit of getting fat in the off season as he is a lazy bastard at heart. The Hawks knew this and he was put on a special extra training program every year. He turned up to the Hawks preseason training one year 10kg over his weight with a real overhang and they knew they had a problem and went into overdrive getting the weight off him. We will have to watch him in this regard, he is not a natural trainer and is more a natural player.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast