Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goodes puts buddy on notice.

If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Buddy has a habit of getting fat in the off season as he is a lazy bastard at heart. The Hawks knew this and he was put on a special extra training program every year. He turned up to the Hawks preseason training one year 10kg over his weight with a real overhang and they knew they had a problem and went into overdrive getting the weight off him. We will have to watch him in this regard, he is not a natural trainer and is more a natural player.
    If he turns up 10kg overweight in his early 20s I wonder how many kgs he'll be overweight at 36?

Hope he doesn't just put the cue in the rack after signing this contract. Saw a really terrible interview with him at the racing carnival. He couldn't give a #### about the interview, and when asked about how Swans fans have welcomed him, he ummed and ahhed and danced around the question, eventually deflecting it with an unconvincing 'yeah' after being led in that direction by the interviewer. Contrast that with Gary Ablett Jr interviews, who always seems to give everyone the time of day.

I guess next season will do the all talking.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Regular in the Side
    Neil cordy is trying to dig up whatever he can...they say wheres the smoke theres fire, prob is Cordy is the one lighting the fire.. Seriously so what if he goes to the Cup and enjoys himself, cant the guy have a life...as long as he turns up, trains well, applys himself into the team ethos and puts out on the field, who gives a flying rats ass....

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    Seriously so what if he goes to the Cup and enjoys himself, cant the guy have a life...as long as he turns up, trains well, applys himself into the team ethos and puts out on the field, who gives a flying rats ass....
    Exactly!

He's on holidays for heavens sake, cut the guy a break. He's been a professional footballer for a while now and a pretty fair one at that, and would know exactly what has to be done to be cherry ripe come round one.
    How many of those criticising him would come back from holidays two weeks before they are due just to make the right impression?

Blog Entries
    It's all free publicity for the Swans!!
    Bombers got it all this season, now it is our turn.

Senior Player
    "He's going to start back on Monday and at least spend a couple of days with the young fellas so they know who he is. He's due back on December 2."

haha. I doubt any kids will be "who's this big fella? Back of the queue Bundy".

...And yes I know the meant him on a personal level. But I smiled at the US import etc having no clue

Senior Player
    I didn't think they were allowed to come back early, I thought they had to have the prescribed time off.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I didn't think they were allowed to come back early, I thought they had to have the prescribed time off.
    I don't think they can be required to come back early. But if Buddy wants to spend two of his leave days running around Centennial Park and having a kick on Lakeside Oval, doubt anyone will get too upset.

I just want to know who is going to wear the 23 this season ?

my personal opinion is no one should have to give up their jersey for anyone else if they dont want to !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I just want to know who is going to wear the 23 this season ?

my personal opinion is no one should have to give up their jersey for anyone else if they dont want to !
    Buddy may not even want 23 (notwithstanding his comments at the post-signing press conference). It is a number of some significance at the Hawks but not at the Swans.

If he does, I find it hard to imagine Lockyer "not wanting" to give it up. His public demeanour doesn't suggest he's the type to dig his heels in, and it's not as if he has achieved anything in his career that might make that number particularly dear to him.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast