Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Team Nominations

I'm a teacher at a primary school in the Auburn area which has roughly 40% from a islamic background and have a lot of friends who are the same. But half my team live in the shire and have had nothing to do with people from that background. When you are punched in the head and told "I hate your type" and when asked what type is that you get "@@@@ing white @@@@s" it does nothing to help break down barriers between the two cultures and makes it a lot worse.

The whole week leading up to a game with Auburn it's just talk about how not to do anything stupid and play footy because you know they aren't there play.

Honestly, just glad we don't have to play them anymore. There was talk that we would forfeit against them a few years ago because its not worth the 4 points for the @@@@ you have to put up with and the sydney afl was spineless for allowing it to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    I'm a teacher at a primary school in the Auburn area which has roughly 40% from a islamic background and have a lot of friends who are the same. But half my team live in the shire and have had nothing to do with people from that background. When you are punched in the head and told "I hate your type" and when asked what type is that you get "@@@@ing white @@@@s" it does nothing to help break down barriers between the two cultures and makes it a lot worse.

The whole week leading up to a game with Auburn it's just talk about how not to do anything stupid and play footy because you know they aren't there play.

Honestly, just glad we don't have to play them anymore. There was talk that we would forfeit against them a few years ago because its not worth the 4 points for the @@@@ you have to put up with and the sydney afl was spineless for allowing it to continue.
    After a few years off with injury I had the pleasure of playing against Auburn in 2012 when playing Div 2. They headed out to Bensons with limited numbers and from the outset there was late shots and behind the play shenanigans, particularly against our young blokes. I was up in the goal square standing next to a well built Auburn player when a fight broke out in our backline. I couldn't be bothered running the 150m to assist, and neither could my opponent. I laughingly said to him 'What do you reckon mate, you want to start our own fight up here' and without hesitation, he turned to me and with a dead pan expression, he said 'I can't bro, I'm on parole'.

At this point, I took a few steps away. He was a mean looking bastard.

At the next break, a few of them actually grabbed their gear and left, they were fed up with the actions of those not there to play footy.

There were some good and well intentioned people at Auburn, who tried to lift their stature. I don't know the inner workings of the club so can't really comment if something went wrong but it's a shame that they have gone from one team to two and back to one again, forfeiting a few games in 2013.

With the talk of new clubs, it will be interesting where they are "placed". I think any new club should start at least in Div 3, being their "first grade side". I heard a few rumours during the season that a couple of new clubs out West wanted to start up and just run a team in Div 4 or 5, for a bit of fun. Surely any new clubs should have vision, as I've stated before. I recall Auburn absolutely dominating Div 4 in their first year, going through to win the flag. Blacktown were easily the best side in the comp in Div 3, with Randwick not far behind. Both fielded their first grade side, as did Nor-West and Gosford, who also made finals. Putting a new club in Div 4 would probably kill the competition. Surely new clubs shouldn't be rewarded with a flag in their first year, or is it seen as a "participation" award.

"""""""""the next break, a few of them actually grabbed their gear and left, they were fed up with the actions of those not there to play footy.
    Latest News - Nor-West Jets - FOX SPORTS PULSE

There were some good and well intentioned people at Auburn, who tried to lift their stature. I don't know the inner workings of the club so can't really comment if something went wrong but it's a shame that they have gone from one team to two and back to one again, forfeiting a few games in 2013. """"""""""""""

We have some of these people at work....some are fine people, some are total dickheads. Probably in equal proportion to us dinkie-dies !

I'd hate this to turn into an Auburn-hating Thread - let's give some credit to the good and well-intentioned ones...even if they are on parole.

Senior Player
    Sorry jb that's the point is tried to highlite to saviour but we can't all be from the shire

No doubt there are dickheads in all faiths, religions and cultures, but there's no doubting 90% of the people in the Auburn team are. But what ever, won't let it ruin the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    """""""""the next break, a few of them actually grabbed their gear and left, they were fed up with the actions of those not there to play footy.
    Latest News - Nor-West Jets - FOX SPORTS PULSE
    What's the link to the website for?

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Some bloke just finished parole. Wants to catch up with you for a cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I just "copied" your post and that link was on it - sorry.
    If they turn up outside your house, I'll be there in a few hours Pekay....I'll be there for you Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Some bloke just finished parole. Wants to catch up with you for a cup of tea.
    lol.

On that note, how @@@@ing far out is Richmond, like 1.5 hours for a game of footy. Even worse when you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    I just "copied" your post and that link was on it - sorry.
    If they turn up outside your house, I'll be there in a few hours Pekay....I'll be there for you Bro.
    I thought you were referencing that particular match report for some reason. All good.
    For the record, I didn't mind playing them, was a very physical affair which I love and even though we saluted by 30 goals, we knew we had played a game of footy.
    Although, in the previous game at Mona, one of our Army boys got in a scuffle and was told he'd be stabbed if he returned to Auburn!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    lol.

On that note, how @@@@ing far out is Richmond, like 1.5 hours for a game of footy. Even worse when you lose.
    Wait til you have to travel to Wollondilly then - still not as bad as the Wollongong to Manly trip

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast