Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Team Nominations

2014 Team Nominations

Announced on the Sydney AFL site that 2014 nominations have been received.

Included are 17 x Under 19's teams (Same as 2013, but will Macarthur Giants still be around? I notice North Shore were looking at a second 19's side)

16 x Women's teams (Up 4 teams. Manly and Moorebank nominating, not sure of other two)

63 Mens teams (Up 1 I think) North Shore indicated they will run a Div 5 side

The interesting part was that "new clubs" are being considered. Hopefully, good thought is given to "new clubs" and it doesn't include a bunch of guys (or girls) near an existing club that just want to have a kick without having a very clear plan for the future.

Any rumours?

A total of sixty three senior men?s teams, sixteen women?s teams and seventeen Under 19?s teams have nominated for the 2014 AFL Sydney competition?s. These nominations do include new clubs as well as some additional teams within existing clubs which are currently being assessed.

The Men?s competition will again have six divisions, while there will again be two divisions in the Women?s and Under 19 competitions.

The final competition structure is currently being worked out and will confirmed at the Planning Meeting at the end of the month.
    Last edited by ShortHalfHead; 16th November 2013 at 12:02 AM.

Bathurst Bushrangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Bathurst Bushrangers.
    Hopefully in Div 3. They'll love playing against Gosford.

Hey, you wanted rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Hey, you wanted rumours.
    Will balmain tigers be back?

Hopefully Auburn are given the arse. Would be good for the game.

Talk of St George getting a div 4 side. Doubt it will happen though.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Hopefully Auburn are given the arse. Would be good for the game.

Talk of St George getting a div 4 side. Doubt it will happen though.
    Losing a club in sydney is never good for the game. I can understand the negativity however I think you would be suprised by them if you took some time to get to know those running the club. They pretty much pleaded to stay in div2 to keep their afloat as they didn't have the volunteers to survive div 3 yet the afl new western sydney poster boys wouldn't come into div 2 despite their list

Spent 2 years playing them. If the people running the club are proud of who they put out on the field then its a huge positive for the game for them to @@@@ off.

Spent 2 years playing them. If the people running the club are proud of who they put out on the field then its a huge positive for the game for them to @@@@ off.
    Correct !!
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

Senior Player
    Well maybe a club that blatantly lied to the tribunal and sent a @@@@ load of witnesses with bull@@@@ stories should @@@@ off to. Or the club who had a volunteer belt a under 18 footballer causing the kid assaulted to miss more than a month of footy should also @@@@ off. By the way plenty of people associated with that club were able to identify him it was just a management decision not to. I could go on and on.
    Actually I will. What about the premier div club that was baying for blood when one of my players belted a bloke and broke his jaw. Amazingly they went quiet when the victim was cited and the league supplied video evidence which resulted in both players receiving the same sentence. Gotta love the holier than thou attitude from some.

Maybe, but my 21 years involved with league, union and afl I have never come across a bigger bunch of scumbags and trust me there is a fair few in rugby league. Defend them all you want but anyone who has ever had anything to do with them would disagree with you.

Maybe, but my 21 years involved with league, union and afl I have never come across a bigger bunch of scumbags and trust me there is a fair few in rugby league. Defend them all you want but anyone who has ever had anything to do with them would disagree with you.
    It's hard to argue with the sentiments you express. It's usually sad to see a club go bust but I doubt there will be any tears when Auburn fold.

Hopefully a lesson to the powers-that-be what proper multi-culturism really is. It's not using racial abuse as your "get out of jail free" card every time you abuse or assault someone. It's about being proud of your heritage and who you are but assimilating with the wider community.

No doubt us racist Aussies will be blamed for Auburn's demise

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast