Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Preseason Day1

Preseason Day1

I doubt Buddy was required for today
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

LANCE Franklin will start pre-season training with the Sydney Swans two weeks ahead of schedule to establish himself with the club's young players.

The superstar forward, who was put on notice by new teammate Adam Goodes this week, will train briefly with the Swans' first to fourth-year players before taking a short break and returning with the senior group on December 2.

?????
    Probably wasn't keen on the 3k time trial.

Pics are up...
    http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/galler...-day-1-gallery

I wonder what their definition of a fourth year player is? I'd have thought Jets, Gazza and Sam were 5th year players??

Preseason Day1

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    LANCE Franklin will start pre-season training with the Sydney Swans two weeks ahead of schedule to establish himself with the club's young players.

The superstar forward, who was put on notice by new teammate Adam Goodes this week, will train briefly with the Swans' first to fourth-year players before taking a short break and returning with the senior group on December 2.

?????

Pics are up...
    Pre-Season Day 1: Gallery - sydneyswans.com.au
    Where's Franklin?

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post

Pics are up...
    Pre-Season Day 1: Gallery - sydneyswans.com.au
    Where did Cheese Barlow finish?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I wonder what their definition of a fourth year player is? I'd have thought Jets, Gazza and Sam were 5th year players??
    Probably due to their lack of game time this year.
    Still a bit of catching up to do.

Good to see Tommy Walsh out on the track too.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCanuck View Post
    Where did Cheese Barlow finish?
    Funniest thing I've read all day. Absolute track champion
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

On the Rookie List
    I guess the Franklin article should have specified that he may hang around for a light kick-to-kick session and then maybe some autographs afterwards, rather than actual training and conditioning. If I was Buddy I would have run the trial, silence the critics. I am not a critic, just someone who thinks he needs to show some substance at some point soon for everyone to be A-OK cool with everything.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

none of us know for sure if buddy was there or not ie there was a fair few players not running but watching on todau

i disagree

his football for 9 years has demonstrated a forward with substantial substance
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veteran Site Admin
    Impressive performance from young Perris to push Rampe all the way. As the youngest player out there (I assume no senior Academy players), it shows how hard he must have worked last year to regain his fitness after missing 2012 with a knee reco.

I predict he'll star in the NEAFL this year and make it impossible not to get picked to play senior footy as soon as someone gets injured. Indeed, with Tom Mitchell facing a restricted pre-season as he recovers from his ankle injury, there may even be a spot early in the year, and I can see Perris playing a similar role to that which Tom filled in his 2013 senior appearances (even though long term, they'll probably turn out to be slightly different kinds of player).

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    I guess the Franklin article should have specified that he may hang around for a light kick-to-kick session and then maybe some autographs afterwards, rather than actual training and conditioning. If I was Buddy I would have run the trial, silence the critics. I am not a critic, just someone who thinks he needs to show some substance at some point soon for everyone to be A-OK cool with everything.
    Technically Franklin shouldn't be training until the senior guys start training. No need to make a big deal out of this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast