Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Draft Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    who drops out for season 2015 ?

1. Shaw - My gut feeling is that Shaw (although in brilliant form now) maybe like ROK situation and he will need to retire in 2014 on the high rather then the fall
    2. ROK - will not be at the Swans in 2015
    3. LRT - will not be at the Swans in 2015
    4. Goodes - will retire on a high as he still looks like he is nursing his knees even though he has been very effective upon return his lateral movement doesnt appear to nearly the same
    5. Walsh - will not be at the Swans in 2015
    6. Towers - my guess is that Dean will want to trade or move on given his limited opportunity behind key forwards and the wing players of KJack, Jetta, Harry, BJ, Lloyd that are ahead of him
    7. Lockyear - will not be at the Swans in 2015
    8. Biggs - I think he will move on and not be at the swans in 2015
    It's a tough call at this stage of the season deciding who will get the ax. Of the 2nd and 3rd year players, I would have Marsh at the top of the delistings. If Naismith and Nankervis continue with their good form, I think Tom D is expendable, despite his reasonable showing this year filling in for Pyke. I think he drops to 4th in the queue by year end.

I think Biggs is good enough to play AFL footy. I hope we keep him on board another year, as I am not sure we will get anyone better in the rookie draft to replace him. Seems a shame to put 3 years into him only to drop him for a low pick in the draft. I would put Lockyer in the same bag. He's been gradually improving, so I wouldn't pull the curtain on him just yet. He also could be handy as a 3rd tall defender.

Josh dunkley 26 possesions in national championship s bs vic metro. Very good for a bottom ager

I take back what I said about making a play for Kristian Jaksch. He was awful against Danaher yesterday. Aidan Corr wasn't much better. GWS took the top 3 key defender prospects in the 2012 draft in Plowman 3, Jaksch 12 and Corr 14. Only Plowman has shown anything and he's playing in the reserves. I know it's only their second year, but I think they are looking really disappointing at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I take back what I said about making a play for Kristian Jaksch. He was awful against Danaher yesterday. Aidan Corr wasn't much better. GWS took the top 3 key defender prospects in the 2012 draft in Plowman 3, Jaksch 12 and Corr 14. Only Plowman has shown anything and he's playing in the reserves. I know it's only their second year, but I think they are looking really disappointing at this stage.
    Their development record is pretty appalling really. They should improve on the field but they are now just in with the rest re their draft picks.

Jeremy Cameron has been a good pick up but that ugly dumb lump Patton is massively overrated and Lachie Whitfield is lightweight at best. I think Cameron will be extremely tempted the leave the Giants and if he does then it will be a blow of massive proportions to those muppets.

Sooner they move to Canberra the better

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Their development record is pretty appalling really. They should improve on the field but they are now just in with the rest re their draft picks.

Jeremy Cameron has been a good pick up but that ugly dumb lump Patton is massively overrated and Lachie Whitfield is lightweight at best. I think Cameron will be extremely tempted the leave the Giants and if he does then it will be a blow of massive proportions to those muppets.

Sooner they move to Canberra the better
    You only have to look at Gold Coast to see how badly GWS are going. The Suns look like a team on the rise and I would have them as premiership favourites in 2016. They will also have free agency money to spend at the end of the season as Bock and Hunt will most likely leave the club.

Internally GWS have achieved their goal for 2014 (beating the Swans).

Gold Coat are one year ahead of GWS, but miles ahead in playing performance.

An article on The Roar has an idea that St Kilda should maybe go after Tim Membrey because he is not getting a senior game. The article is about live at the Saints after Nick Riewoldt.

Maybe now is the time for us to give Tim a senior berth.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    An article on The Roar has an idea that St Kilda should maybe go after Tim Membrey because he is not getting a senior game. The article is about live at the Saints after Nick Riewoldt.

Maybe now is the time for us to give Tim a senior berth.
    As a reader of The Roar, how are you coping with the current anti-Swans rantings Yvonne? COLA, protected species (Franklin, Goodes, Hannebery), soft draw, blah, blah, blah). I've posted a few replies but don't know why I waste my time....

I was interested that in that article about St Kilda it says that Trent Dennis-Lane is currently the Saints leading goal scorer in the VFL. I have been wondering what had happened to him as he is not getting games in their seniors. Seems like a familiar story. Brilliant in the seconds, can't quite cut it in the firsts. Pity, I liked him (we will always love him for that tackle against Carlton). I had hoped he might make it at the Saints. And perhaps he still will as he has age on his side.

Meg, Anti-Swans rants have become common place since Tippettgate, COLA, Buddy etc so I am now used to them. I think it is better than being irrelevant as some media are reporting the Doggies are at the moment. Perhaps as Andrew Ireland pointed out some time ago Peter Gordon should worry about his own club and not so much the Swans.

TDL was one of my favourites as well as Schneider and Dempster. I see Adam S has been in hospital. All the best to him.

Pushing for Selection
    All those rants mean we are doing well. Water off a swans back.
    Using Tapatalk

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    You only have to look at Gold Coast to see how badly GWS are going. The Suns look like a team on the rise and I would have them as premiership favourites in 2016. They will also have free agency money to spend at the end of the season as Bock and Hunt will most likely leave the club.

Internally GWS have achieved their goal for 2014 (beating the Swans).

Gold Coat are one year ahead of GWS, but miles ahead in playing performance.
    Gold Coast may be only one year ahead of GWS in the AFL but have been playing together for two years more. They had an extra year of preparation for the big time. Which also means an extra pre-season.

If you took Ablett and put him into GWS, they would be a top 8 side.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Gold Coast may be only one year ahead of GWS in the AFL but have been playing together for two years more. They had an extra year of preparation for the big time. Which also means an extra pre-season.
    Have they? GWS had a year with part of its squad (the 17yo pre-selection picks) together, playing in the VFL for the season before the joined the AFL, in exactly the same way that GC did.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast