Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why don't we give the bloke a chance?

He's looking good on the track. Teddie's impressed by him.

If ever things aren't going well, take a breath and give thanks that he isn't Campbell Brown.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Hear hear Primmy.
    And I get the impression (mainly from Horse) he's going to be called Lance. Perhaps that's what he prefers; if so, so should we methinks.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Here's something new everyone. Why don't we actually give Lance Franklin a chance to be a Sydney Swan instead of us carrying on like pork chops. Too many of us are already dissing him without even a shot being fired!!!

Its bad enough that the media have got the boot in (give me a @@@@ing break!!) without actual card carrying Sydney Swans members and fans joining in.

You never know. He may even be able to play football!! You know, win games, contribute, be a young man, normal, have fun, enjoy himself, be friendly, all that unlikely stuff.

I am just sick of it.
    Couldn't agree more. Don't hear too much negativity here but a lot of peanuts seeing him as an easy target in the media and other clubs.

All that matters, within reason, is if he can do the business on the field. As long as he maintains team standards on and off the field he can do what he likes in his private life. Really not the place of knobs like Danny Wiedler, Anthony Mundine's hand maiden, to cast moral judgements on others

yeah.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Pulled out this article that I read last year; gives some insights into his character, I think. The stories from his draft camp (2004) are pretty funny.

"If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?," the interviewer asked Lance Franklin, then 17 and soon to be drafted by the Hawks at pick No.5.

"Nothing," said Buddy, without hesitation. "I'm pretty happy with the way I am."
    Being Buddy

Well said. Maybe stay away from footy fan sites or swan facebook pages.

A lot of people want schadenfreude with the whole deal and every single thing that these nuffies and journos have tried to predict from the minute we recruited Tippett to now Lance has been proved to be absolute malarky. The swans fans that think they know better will be the first ones to cover themselves in Lance glory after he kicks bags.

This guy is a game changer. Everytime we played the hawks i conceded 4 goals to Franklin, thats how bloody good he is when not injured or doesnt have one of those days where he kicks 2.11.

And have we forgotten about tippett??? Gee he was in scary form before he went down..2014 is going to be a great ride. Time to just enjoy the ride.

And yes he has douchey ways but thats expected from someone who is on top of his game.

I hope he gets a mighty cheer the first time he runs out for us. I couldn't give a rodents for teh media's ideas, as long as he plays footy
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Here's something new everyone. Why don't we actually give Lance Franklin a chance to be a Sydney Swan instead of us carrying on like pork chops. Too many of us are already dissing him without even a shot being fired!!!

Its bad enough that the media have got the boot in (give me a @@@@ing break!!) without actual card carrying Sydney Swans members and fans joining in.

You never know. He may even be able to play football!! You know, win games, contribute, be a young man, normal, have fun, enjoy himself, be friendly, all that unlikely stuff.

I am just sick of it.
    Brilliant post Prims, couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    There is one thing about Franklin. He CAN play. Have a look at his 3rd quarter of the 2012 GF. Barring injury he will be a star for us. If he plays a part in a 2014 Premiership then he has been worth it.
    Spot on Nico. Someone on here a few weeks ago said something like Franklins kicking won us the GF, I wasn't able to comment at the time but I wanted to say that without Franklin I doubt they would have even made the GF in 2012.

Goes up to 11
    I don't think too many of us on here have been critical of Lance the person? Some of us have certainly raised valid questions about the wisdom or otherwise of the deal to get him here, but criticism if him as a person hasn't been very common on RWO...

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Didn't take Plugger long to worm his way into the R&W hearts.
    Bloody greyhounds !!!!!
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

He's a Kickett, that's enough for me.
    Bring on round 1.

I am like Ugg in it is still rather surreal to me.. It wasn't long ago I was cheering for him to be suspended after the hit on Mal.. He will become a Swan for me when he produces the same kind of hit (just a little lower and legal) on someone like Cyrill :-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast