Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accomodation Near the SCG

Do not make getting accommodation in/near Cronulla a priority. It is slim pickings. Better off with accommodation in/near city. Worth seeing Cronulla (I live there and love it) .. walking along beach front around to Port Hacking.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    I was born in Sydney and lived in Kirrawee until I was 12 when my folks brought me to Perth. As a toddler, I used to paddle at Gunnamatta Bay and when I became a BIG boy, 8 - 12 I learnt to surf at Cronulla beach. I haven`t been back in years. Really looking forward to seeing my old house and school. Now I`ve converted my son from WC about 8 years ago to the Swans this should be a great trip.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

2 absolute blockbuster games .. get tickets early!!

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Hi all. I`ve been checking around and I`m thinking of staying in Bondi. There are some great 2 bedroom apartments with kitchen facilities some for about $100 pn. What do you guys think of that? Say a 6 day stay in Bondi and commute to Cronulla and the SCG and CBD. Looks like it`s only about 5km to the city from Bondi however about a 30km trip to Cronulla..........
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd be wary of any two bedroom apartments in Bondi for just $100 per night. Sounds too good to be true! Make sure you check the location carefully and see that it is what you want. 'Bondi' is generally used to refer to the whole stretch of Bondi Road up from the beach to the Junction. You can still walk down to the beach from anywhere on that road but it could be up to a 20 minute walk (and steeply up hill on the way back). Bondi is famous for being a backpacker zone, so a lot of the accommodation can be a bit shabby.

You could try giving Buddy a call to see if he can fit you into one of his spare rooms!

The trip to Cronulla sounds a fair distance but it's an easy train ride in the sense you don't need to change. Just get yourself to Bondi Junction station (bus ride or walk, depending on how far up from the beach you are) and you can get a train directly from the Junction to Cronulla. Just make sure you have a good book with you! Not sure how frequent the trains are to Cronulla. Trains to the City leave around every 10 minutes from Bondi Junction (much more frequent during the peak periods) but only some of those go all the way to Cronulla.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Add my vote to Surry Hills.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blinddog View Post
    I have stayed here on a few occasions and it is good - http://www.royalexhibition.com.au/ - and an easy 15 minute walk with great pubs and food options
    I know the owners and agree with above. Just across the road from the bus to the SCG.

Its open 24 hours.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12