Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Membership numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    (And To keep the vibe of the thread going - Hawthorn suck )
    Reported...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Your points are just ridiculously biased.
    Actually I think my rebuttal was perfectly legit.

You made it seem like the Hawks were pulling an average home attendance of 38,000 by themselves and I pointed out that their average attendance was largely boosted by playing much larger teams from the same city. Those 'average attendances' can be quite deceiving.

Your last comment is being reported to the moderators.
    Good for you sir. I hope you manage to get me banned.

By the way the clubs with the biggest supporter base are; Collingwood, Geelong, Richmond &Hawthorn all figures bear that out.

AFL Tables - Crowds 1921-2013

AFL Club Membership Numbers - Sorted Alphabetically
    Your statistics don't prove much. All it proves is that the Hawks are good at scheduling matches. If an interstate club plays Hawthorn at home we'll get a better idea of where the hawks are at. Last time I checked... they were pulling crowds around the 30k mark (Only 1 whole game vs West Coast in 2013). In fact, they could only manage 23k vs Gold Coast in 2012 at the MCG. When you take into consideration that they have 62,000 members according to your statistics... you'd have to wonder where all the missing supporters are.

If you can take anything from my argument, it's that Melbourne clubs aren't as powerful as they seem at first and the swans actually pull decent crowds in comparison.

Membership numbers have been rendered meaningless by things like including 3 game passes as members. I don't believe Hawthorn are a 'power' club. Just fudging numbers
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    Membership numbers have been rendered meaningless by things like including 3 game passes as members. I don't believe Hawthorn are a 'power' club. Just fudging numbers
    This.

Veteran Site Admin
    Can we please cut out the "dribble", "ridiculously biased", etc remarks.

I was going to delete all posts that included such a comment in their entirety, but there are some good points raised amongst the bickering. Any more such comments and I will delete (and go back and delete other, similar earlier posts).

And if you think someone has posted a "snide remark", please either just ignore it (if it is minor), or use the report post function so that it can be dealt with appropriately. Calling it out in thread is most likely to turn a minor (generally ignorable) spat into a full blown one that becomes unpleasant and irritating for other members trying to discuss the topic at hand.
    Thanks

Well said Liz, particularly the 'unpleasant and irritating bit'. Most of us are interested in following a discussion often with some civil differences of opinion debated constructively.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    To hate a football club because they are successful or for any other shallow reason shows immaturity and lack of perception., .
    I must be immature and lack perception...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    They're the exact words I get on my work appraisals.

There are a dozen or so clubs on my hate list. The rest of them I just dislike....
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    it's true I can vouch for that

Blog Entries
    Reached 28000 today

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Reached 28000 today
    Awesome stuff.

Once again RWO have had an influence. Thanks Jenny for taking our concerns into consideration.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast