Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2014 guernsey numbers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    23 was the great Ron Clegg's number Ron "Smokey" Clegg Played 231 games for south won the Brownlow medal 1949 runner up 1951 was South 's Best and Fairest 3 times.Played 1945 till 1960 231 games was Captain and coach for his last few seasons. One of South's greatest players. I have seen him play ChF and CHB he was just as good ether end of the ground. The old Souh Grandstand used to come alive when "Smokey" had the ball. I hope Buddy can do Cleggies old number justice.
    Have a photo of him playing with my dad who wore no 5

Pushing for Selection
    What was his Name Reggi? I saw most matches from 1949 till the late Sixty's (Got married moved to Noojee )Came back to Melbourne 1978 saw most matches till 1981. from then on I reserved the TV on Sundays for the Swans live from Sydney. As I now live in Gippsland and am to old to take the 2 hour each way trip on I watch them on Pay TV.The spirit is willing but the body is weak LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    What was his Name Reggi? I saw most matches from 1949 till the late Sixty's (Got married moved to Noojee )Came back to Melbourne 1978 saw most matches till 1981. from then on I reserved the TV on Sundays for the Swans live from Sydney. As I now live in Gippsland and am to old to take the 2 hour each way trip on I watch them on Pay TV.The spirit is willing but the body is weak LOL
    L Holland played 46 - 48

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345