Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swans Free Agents At The End Of 2014

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The idea of clubs being "cashed up" intrigues me. I've heard people on forums and in the press mention this constantly. Apparently, the following clubs are "cashed up" to attack free agents and uncontracted players next year...Hawthorn, Collingwood, GWS, Adelaide and West Coast. So answer this question for me, how did we land Tippett and Franklin in the last two draft periods when we were supposed to be one of those "non-cashed up" clubs?
    Every club has to pay a min 95% of its salary cap to its players. Every club can become "cashed up" by delisting, trading or having players retire. Don't be surprised if we become "cashed up" again next draft period to land another name.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    The idea of clubs being "cashed up" intrigues me. I've heard people on forums and in the press mention this constantly. Apparently, the following clubs are "cashed up" to attack free agents and uncontracted players next year...Hawthorn, Collingwood, GWS, Adelaide and West Coast. So answer this question for me, how did we land Tippett and Franklin in the last two draft periods when we were supposed to be one of those "non-cashed up" clubs?
    Every club has to pay a min 95% of its salary cap to its players. Every club can become "cashed up" by delisting, trading or having players retire. Don't be surprised if we become "cashed up" again next draft period to land another name.
    Oh, that's easy. We cheated, apparently. We "made a mockery of free agency", according to Caroline Wilson. Whatever the hell that means.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12