Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
I saw that nuff nuff comment the other day and managed to resist replying....they never seem to publish my comments anyway (I'm KiwiSwan on the HUN I think).

Anyway I would say that that bench would comfortably be the best in the whole league! Dead set most teams have got players you have genuinely never heard of on their bench.

Swans - Alex Johnson, Luke Parker, Gary Rohan, Tom Mitchell (plus Craig Bird and Dane Rampe)....the problem is that that is where the experience ends....B. Jack, Cunningham, Biggs.....and that's it at 27 players - gulp.
I came up with 27 as well, but leaving Biggs out. Maybe Laidler is the difference.

I agree that it does get into the Twilight Zone after that. But every year brings up a few unexpected things on both sides of the ledger, which I guess is why you need to have some depth if you want to get to the GF.

I'm hoping that we get a few happy surprises with some untested players coming through. I think the top candidates are Marsh, Towers, Membrey and Lockyer. I am also hoping Jake Lloyd continues on from his good showing last year. Zak Jones also looks the type of young player that could make an impression in his first year. There have been a few positive comments on Dan Robinson as well.