Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans Media Department off season output

Swans Media Department off season output

Just looking at AFL.com.au and in the last four weeks we've had a riveting piece to introduce our new President followed by a few puff pieces with Davo running around looking like Andy Serkis and Davo kicking a goal from the carpark. Latest article was meet Josh Francou on the 23rd of December

I took a look at other club pages and they typically have published a couple of articles since Christmas about players, rehab etc, generally at least once since post New Year. I tried looking back at what fans got last year, but can't access any articles, but this year SEEMS like less.

Granted there is not much going on at the club at this time of year, but surely there are topics to keep club supporters engaged. Seems pretty inadequate to me.

P.S. thanks for posting the training photos Jeffers - has kept me going.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Senior Player
    Bear in mind the office has been closed since before Xmas

Not hard for them to have articles prepared and then released every few days. The media dept for the Swans needs to pull their finger out.

Happy and I know it
    Harsh. Just enjoy the cricket instead.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Harsh. Just enjoy the cricket instead.
    Yep, that's what I'm doing!

I am good at multi tasking - would be good to do both
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Blog Entries
    Just as many rivetting threads on here in the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Just as many rivetting threads on here in the last few weeks.
    I wonder if correlation causation in this instance? Media dept. at Swans shuts down and tumbleweeds start blowing through RWO.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    Media dept. at Swans shuts down and tumbleweeds start blowing through RWO.
    Or perhaps the other way around?

A few years ago they really started pushing articles. I have noticed in the past 12 months there are not as many as the year before.

Maybe the media budget has been slashed?

It's all Lances fault for being paid so much.

Goes up to 11
    More and more businesses seem to have closed for the 2 x weeks over Xmas/NY. Expect more from tomorrow onwards. I haven't felt like I've been missing anything - cricket and American Football has been keeping me going....

Hah! My comment may be harsh but the media dept is one of the primary connections between the members/supporters and the club. We have games to go to and media to consume. The players put on a show, the media department should engage us as much as possible outside of that. If anything, the pendulum should be the other way and fans should be saying "OMG there's too much content" before we say there's not enough.

Didn't they filter player pieces throughout the off season last year? Individual pieces where players spoke about the year that passed, what they'd work on for next season and what their plans are for the off season? That would have been a good 38 pieces. Release one every second day and VOILA engagement for almost 3 months. Do one with each of the coaches as well and you'd have the whole off-season covered.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast