Thread: Goal kickers at clubs

Goal kickers at clubs

An interesting article in the daily telegraph regarding goal kickers at each club.
    Mike Pyke comes out looking very good

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1226797529424
    Last edited by ScottH; 9th January 2014 at 08:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    An interesting article in the daily telegraph regarding goal kickers at each club.
    Mike Pyke comes out looking very good
    Most of Pykes goals come from in, or near the goal square as most of his marks are taken very deep in the forward line.
    Good positioning from the Canadian!!

Blog Entries
    Best at Sydney
    SYDNEY: Take your pick from Mike Pyke (73.7), Adam Goodes (64.5) or Kurt Tippett (61.4). Marquee recruit Lance Franklin (52.6) comes in behind Luke Parker (55) and Ben McGlynn (54.5).

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Most of Pykes goals come from in, or near the goal square as most of his marks are taken very deep in the forward line.
    Good positioning from the Canadian!!
    Sorry, Scott, but I totally disagree with you. I don't believe he kicked any from outside 50 but I would say that his distances would be the same spread as Cloke, Hawkins and Buddy. The thing that impressed me most about his kicking was how distance (up to 40) never seemed to impact his accuracy. All power forwards kick some from the square.
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

They didn't mention "worst" at Sydney...that would be Mitchell, surely. He is APPALLING when he spots the sticks. Often times you would think he can't actually kick a football he is so bad. But his field kicking is OK (just). Sounds like a job for SuperDavo.

BTW Adelaide supporters must be SPEWIN' to see that figure from Kurt. He was as bad as Cloke wasn't he (when at Adelaide).
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005