Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let the season previews begin

Let the season previews begin

This one from Sportsfan. Lots of Buddy talk.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/burning-...5/default.aspx

It claims Swans changed their game plan last year after Tippett arrived - that's something of an exaggeration. But how we set up our forward line with Buddy, Tippett, Reid and Goodes as well as and speedsters Jetta, Rohan and B. Jack is probably the question everyone is asking.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I read some of the comments.

Now to burn my eyes with acid to avoid that mistake again.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post

If there's any left in the bottle, pass it to me.

Sheeesh, I was warned....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post

Its like a car accident, you know you should look away but can't stop an enquisitive mind...

I did like the commenter who suggested that maybe the reason Jetta was missing from the late season game plan was because he wasn't playing.

Veterans List
    I liked the bit about Jetta playing half back pocket. Apart from the fact there is no such position, he has as much chance of playing backline as I have of getting a date with Miss World.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    This one from Sportsfan. Lots of Buddy talk.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/burning-...5/default.aspx

It claims Swans changed their game plan last year after Tippett arrived - that's something of an exaggeration. But how we set up our forward line with Buddy, Tippett, Reid and Goodes as well as and speedsters Jetta, Rohan and B. Jack is probably the question everyone is asking.
    I don't think it is an exaggeration to say we changed our game plan when Tip arrived, we did. We started bombing constantly to wherever he was. Not a really good tactic as rebound footy is very damaging. We overused Tip whereas before the goal kicking was shared with equanimity after Tip came in we over played the delivery to him putting him under great pressure most times as he had to hold off two or three opponents.

The part about Jetts is just crap. He was injured but he will have a slightly changed role this year and his elite delivery is going to be used even more. The run past player is something every team uses and I think Jetts will replace Dre as the run past player. I can't wait to see a game with Jetts, Rooster & Harry playing in the same team WOW, who is going to stop them.

The addition of Buddy does make us a better side but we need to be realistic 'one player does NOT a premier make'! Footy is a team game and the addition of previously injured players is going to be just as important as Buddy. This makes our depth incredible and will make our side stronger and our players more desperate to hold their places therefore play better.

Veterans List
    Maybe add B Jack for additional pace :-)

Last year I don't think we had Tippet and Goodes in the same forward line except maybe Tippett's first game which was Goodes last game? Reid was also missing. So this year we have a potential forward line containing Tippett, Goodes, Reid and Franklin plus a fully fit Rohan and a more mature B Jack. The presence of all of those talls spreads the attacking options going forward and takes pressure of each of those individuals, no double teaming!

I think this makes our forward line so difficult to match up on and hopefully frightenly productive.

Most scribes know bugger all about the game in general and in particular the Swans. I think we collectively can picture how it hopefully all fits together on the field. Looking forward to the two pre season games.

Here's my season preview: We'll win it.

I'm bullish about our prospects this year. If we can keep anything close to our best 22 on the paddock we'll be Premiers.

There you go. Now you have someone to praise for their optimism when we prevail, or blame for their bravado if we don't.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

2014 Predictions:

- If Buddy only kicks a couple of goals against the Giants in Rd1 someone on RWO will declare the recruitment a failure.

- Andrews Demetriou will declare it's not the AFL's fault and they did everything possible in relation to [insert scandal here]

- someone finally knocks out Hayden Ballantyne and gets a 10 week... all expenses paid holiday to Hawaii and a $100k reward.

- Ana finally gives JPK the flick and hooks up with [edited due to court order]

- The Swans switch to Gatorade and much to the horror of the ressies watchers starts getting dispensed by Kenny.

- Melbourne will improve under Paul Roos but like every other season with Melbourne, no one will give a @@@@.

- Fresh from tackling racism Eddie Maguire takes on sexism in sport but immediately undoes all the great work by forgetting to put his contacts in and makes a pass at Caroline Wilson.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    - Fresh from tackling racism Eddie Maguire takes on sexism in sport but immediately undoes all the great work by forgetting to put his contacts in and makes a pass at Caroline Wilson.
    Now that would be funny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast