Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Membership Packs

I haven't received mine yet. It was dispatched on 16/1 (according to the status), but hasn't arrived yet. Is this the right time to start panicking?

Jenny, should I give the membership department a ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Lol...

My girlfriend is seriously gorgeous. She only has one serious flaw in that she's sadly fictitious. Not everyone's perfect.
    I thought your GF was going out with JPK.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Lol...

My girlfriend is seriously gorgeous. She only has one serious flaw in that she's sadly fictitious. Not everyone's perfect.
    I thought your GF was going out with JPK.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Oh Al.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Oh Al.....
    He's doing his best to keep this forum going until the season starts...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Oh Al.....
    He's doing his best to keep this forum going until the season starts...

My pack (plus my nephew's pack) arrived in the past week. I was more shocked that the return of address if needed was in Hong Kong!

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    My pack (plus my nephew's pack) arrived in the past week. I was more shocked that the return of address if needed was in Hong Kong!
    Yeah, I've received mine today and it was sent from HK. Maybe the club should tell us that, because I started panicking last week why I haven't received it yet.
    Last edited by Zlatorog; 7th February 2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Why are our replies posted twice?

Jenny,
    For next year's membership pack, would it be possible to have an option to choose a Flat Peak member's cap, instead of the Curved Peak baseball cap? Much the same way as its offered to Melbourne Rebel's members.
    Perhaps this could be done by ticking a box at the time of membership renewal, and if you dont you default to the curved baseball cap, to allow time for finalising numbers, ordering etc.
    I know a lot of younger members - and young at heart - would be interested in this as an option, and would actually wear their hat instead of not.
    Cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Jenny,
    For next year's membership pack, would it be possible to have an option to choose a Flat Peak member's cap, instead of the Curved Peak baseball cap? Much the same way as its offered to Melbourne Rebel's members.
    Perhaps this could be done by ticking a box at the time of membership renewal, and if you dont you default to the curved baseball cap, to allow time for finalising numbers, ordering etc.
    I know a lot of younger members - and young at heart - would be interested in this as an option, and would actually wear their hat instead of not.
    Cheers.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by iigrover View Post
    Jenny,
    Cheers.

My guess is that it would cost the club considerably more to offer different options on caps than a single one. I'd rather than club spends every spare dollar on improving the team's performance than offering minor merchandising differences to members (on freebies).

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    My guess is that it would cost the club considerably more to offer different options on caps than a single one.
    Id be surprised if the wholesale costs of flat vs curved peaks is materially different. But I'm no cap manufacturing expert, so Ill defer to greater minds on that one.

I guess the real point is that, IMO, in recent years the membership dept has done a great job in moving with the times to attract and retain new fans. I think this could be another small but very visual way of doing so.

While Im sure the marketing folks in the membership department are all over this, five years ago, I never would have predicted the success that cricket has had in attracting large, young, and high paying crowds to State vs State cricket matches (Big Bash league). They?ve done a great job in making State level cricketers and their fans look exciting, cool, etc. Fans who never would go to State level cricket game want to go and be a part of that crowd.

So maybe the answer is change all member hats to the style currently worn by Swans players and fans under the age of 40, and retire the 1990s style baseball caps. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is that it would cost the club considerably more to offer different options on caps than a single one.
    Id be surprised if the wholesale costs of flat vs curved peaks is materially different. But I'm no cap manufacturing expert, so Ill defer to greater minds on that one.

I guess the real point is that, IMO, in recent years the membership dept has done a great job in moving with the times to attract and retain new fans. I think this could be another small but very visual way of doing so.

While Im sure the marketing folks in the membership department are all over this, five years ago, I never would have predicted the success that cricket has had in attracting large, young, and high paying crowds to State vs State cricket matches (Big Bash league). They?ve done a great job in making State level cricketers and their fans look exciting, cool, etc. Fans who never would go to State level cricket game want to go and be a part of that crowd.

So maybe the answer is change all member hats to the style currently worn by Swans players and fans under the age of 40, and retire the 1990s style baseball caps. ;-)

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My guess is that it would cost the club considerably more to offer different options on caps than a single one. I'd rather than club spends every spare dollar on improving the team's performance than offering minor merchandising differences to members (on freebies).
    A quick squiz at the online shop suggests there's about $10 difference between the retail cost of a flat versus a curved peak cap- $30 vs. $40. Default prices for merchandise from a footy club isn't normally cheap, so we can probably guess there's a standard 50% mark up applied- so you could argue $15 vs. $20 as cost to the club. Obviously getting 30 thousand odd caps all the same would be ludicrously cheap, but probably still costs -something- that's factored into the overall marketing equation. I don't think there'd be an issue with giving an option to, say, tick a box and pay an extra $20 for a different type of cap- and if there are people would prefer that sort of cap I assume they'd know they're more expensive and may be willing to do so.

I wouldn't get one, I don't really like them (I'm not a big fan of caps either way) but I don't see any harm in someone highlighting it to the membership department as a future consideration.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    Having two different options would be more expensive, rather than one being more expensive than the other.

Veteran Site Admin
    Having two different options would be more expensive, rather than one being more expensive than the other.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast