Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goodes - Australian of the Year!!

I'm breaking my off-season RWO hiatus to comment on this one. Well done Goodesy and all within the Swans organisation who contributed to helping him become the man he has. The significane of the role isn't just what you have achieved prior to now but what you CAN achieve within the role in the coming 12 months. For that reason alone, Goodesy still has so much more to offer.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Adam Goodes: the right man for Australian of the Year

This article should silence all of those whinging about Goodes' being honoured in this way. Of course, it won't but one can but hope.

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Ughhh Miranda HAS to chime in...

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post

What a disgrace to say 'he is being rewarded for victimising a powerless 13-year-old girl from a disadvantaged background'. Miranda should be sacked immediately for being such a moron.

It just shows how far we still have to go in Australia, and highlights how important the efforts of Adam are in trying to change so many 'sick' minds like Miranda's.

Wha? Thats the second article from news limited that is nothing but a disgraceful racist article disguised as opinion. That is truly horrid and you would think a journo would know exactly about the context of using ape towards a dark skinned person. But it seems she is peddling popular opinion and has given up any semblance of creditability, if she had any to begin with, just to appease the bigots.

Andrew Bolt wrote a similar article which basically painted Adam as a massive bully and the 13 year old guy a victim!

I would really really like to think that its a small section of the community who mirror her and bolts opinions but after reading so many racist comments directed at Adam i really think Australia has a massive problem with a lot if things, causal racism is one of them.

Classic Tele.

Sandwiched between typical Devine bile is this masterpiece of headlining

WHY DOES THE ABC HATE OUR NAVY?
    -

These are the sort of people i am forced to co-exist with..why are so many australians so incredibly ignorant and just bottom feeders?

Peter 45 minutes ago

@eve I am amazed that you would praise him for his work with Aboriginal children but not accuse him of racism for not putting in the same effort with underprivileged children from other races. and if you think Australia isn't a racist country I would suggest you come out from under your rock a bit more often
    Let me explain what racism really is. When Nicky Winmar stood at Victoria Park in front of thousands of rabid Collingwood fans and had the courage to stand there, lift his jumper up and point at his skin when they were all calling him the most vile things anyone could ever hear and nobody thought this was bad...THAT IS RACISM, what he did was COURAGE!! That moment alone changed the way Australia looked at Aboriginies, it changed a whole culture it highlighted what was wrong in this great nation. Lets take Adam Goodes he has the guile to pretend that one 13 year old girl calling him something that I dont think she truly understood was a racist remark and then pointing her out, is not courageous, its cowardice, its easy, and then pretend that he was so offended he had to leave the field, please spare me. The difference between the two are so stark in contrast. If you were going to give anyone Australian of the Year, give it to Nicky he did more in that one moment than Adam Goodes will do in a lifetime!!!! Enough said!!!
    Justin 57 minutes ago

He isn't just the wrong choice for victimising a little girl. Personally I thought the way he went on was just plain gutless and pathetic. I think he is the wrong choice for what he has said. On the day he recieved 'Australian of the Year' he turns around and says '"I don't recognise this as Australia day. I see it as invasion day" If that is not inciting racism then I don't know what is. But hey, As we all know it is only white Australians who are racist.
    Nicola 1 hour ago

Your comments are well received and support it completely.

The incident showed the lack of empathy and real life actions and attitude with the different types of race.

The action taken was short and tactless. Very disappointing that a young girl has that mentality-and disgraceful up bringing. Not very Australian. AS for Goodes. It was also non Australian on the manner/way he carried on after the event.
    allan 1 hour ago

@CSB So where do you want to stop with 'offensive' descriptions - you don't know, don't you, because you just want people to live by YOUR 'high standards' ..
    Peter 44 minutes ago

@Arron and that's the problem he got the award because of his colour and the fact that he had a big whinge. What a shame people like Emergency Department Doctors and Nurses who save thousands of lives a year cant get a look in because people making these selections think it is more important to be seen as PC. I could give you a list of 100's of positions that do more for humanity than a footballer ever will but they are too busy helping others to promote themselves.
    So they are over looking the fact that a 13 year old girl at a football match that was to celebrate indigenous round racially villified a person? Are australians really really that ignorant or do they just know how to hide their racism really well?

Why do australians hate good people so much?

This article is another low blow. Isnt there a law that got Andrew Bolt in trouble than can get this ugly australian sued?
    Last edited by spiffy-dude; 29th January 2014 at 03:28 PM. Reason: FIX THIS BUG!

Quote Originally Posted by Peace View Post

Why did I have to follow that link?
    Just simply awful
    I avoid reading her drivel because it gives me a sick headache

The simple fact is Adam won the AoTY award because he deserved it.
    Those trying to argue otherwise need to take a look at themselves and ask why his achievement bothers them so
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Classic Tele.

Sure its the tele..but thats nothing but a racist article written to click bait and to ruffle feathers.

Oh lets not get started on the stupidity that is the abbott govt. They basically want to censor a non biased paper becasue its calling their @@@@ness out. They prefer it if everyone was informed by reading news limited and watching ch nein news.

The Abbott govt is scaring me to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Classic Tele.

Sure its the tele..but thats nothing but a racist article written to click bait and to ruffle feathers.

Oh lets not get started on the stupidity that is the abbott govt. They basically want to censor a non biased paper becasue its calling their @@@@ness out. They prefer it if everyone was informed by reading news limited and watching ch nein news.

The Abbott govt is scaring me to be honest.

Adam could have thrown that the 13 year old under a bus but it was he who, while still angry, said let's get around this girl. It's an education thing and she shouldn't be vilified.

Talking of a disadvantaged background. No more disadvantaged than being right wing, dumb and write for News Limited. I think Miranda deserves a Telethon to help her with these horrible afflictions.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Thats just it, he was the one who protected her in the end yet he is still a bully.

I can understand a right wing blog publishing that article but a journo of a mainstream paper? What was the point? An exercise in demonstrating that we as a country are way way behind most of the world when it comes to issue about race?

It was a hate filled piece disguised as mock outrage at the treatment of a 13 year old girl. Maybe that Devine woman should be called out for being an insensitive XXXX for needing to bring it up again and exposing the 13 year old girl to the Australian public again? I mean i am sure that girl wanted this to be brought up again or reminded of it.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 30th January 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Use of an extremely "insensitive" term

Throw a spotlight on this issue and the bigots come scuttling out with their self-pity and tortuous logic.

Reminds us how important it is that someone like Adam Goodes is given a platform to teach understanding about racism and reconciliation.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast