Thread: Exploitation & Death In American Football

Exploitation & Death In American Football

I am not a fan of American football but I know many on here are. This article confirms what I have known from some research I did several years ago. I found some articles that were looking at injuries in different footy codes and welfare of footballers. Those articles exposed American Football somewhat. This article very much confirms the research I did 10 years ago. Now American Footy fans don't get up in arms as we in Australian rules have had to face our own demons of racism, sexism, injury, sexual assault, player behavior in general, paying players a decent wage, treating people from cultures otrher than Caucasian with disrespect & much more. It is way past the time American Football did the same;

Super Bowl: the death and exploitation behind the spectacle

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Very disturbing stuff wolftone. It makes the AFL look positively benevolent, but I suspect we could do even better in handling concussion. A player like Jude stands out: are youngsters going to get back on the field ASAP in the way that seemed normal for him? They probably shouldn't.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)