Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFL Supercoach Locks, Considerations & Smokies

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The one thing I wish for Tom this season is that he kicks straight.
    The only thing I want for this kid is an injury free year. That Achilles injury was bad and hopefully it is behind him.

Word from inside the Swans camp is McGlynn is in ripper touch. I'm not playing this year but if I was I'd have him locked in.

I'd steer clear of Mitchell, too much hype and he'll be under increased opposition scrutiny this year. Perfect conditions for the "second year blues".
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

mitchell is only getting started
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Hi, I'm new to RWO as of today, been a supercoach tragic for a few years, but alas I'm middle of the road there. I can win the league final sometimes, but never get anywhere overall. This year I'm taking Franklin as a lock, he's underpriced, but it will be interesting to see how he goes near Tippett and the other forwards. Also, McVeigh is down the back, K. Jack in the mids, Naismith in the Rucks, and Rohan in the forwards as well. I was also considering Laidler but can't see him starting at this stage without injuries (God Forbid). Also, Rohan and Naismith are pending until NAB Cup and Round 1 lineups etc are formalised. Have also considered downgrading Rohan and upgrading to either Parker or T.Mitch before the season starts, but there is not an awful lot of ceiling there for either of them. Perhaps Parker if I had to choose. Anyway, you all have a good day.
    Last edited by cruiseactive; 12th February 2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: considering/ considered

Thoughts on McGlynn. Averaged 70 last year and is priced to suit at $383k. But will that change if he plays in the midfield? Killing it in the preseason by all reports and is a forward, so a 90+ average would be good value.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Maybe Shaw. Good price and is moving well from what I saw in Coffs. I reckon if he is fit he definitely play, a valuable leader.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Agree RogueSwan. Definite starter and a decent scorer. I'm still burnt from holding into him for a good month last year waiting for him to get over his '1 week' injury.

Another problem. The swannies present the best R4 options, but which one would you go for?

mcglynn in the midfield sounds like a certainty from all reports but i think he will need to tag half the time

Birdy, Parker, McGlynn and Mitchell may all get some time playing a run with role but the rest of the midfield must be considered the main possession accumulators

The interesting one is if Tippett does primarily play up front who will be the other ruck with Mike Pyke ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

The interesting one is if Tippett does primarily play up front who will be the other ruck with Mike Pyke ?
    Maybe tippo will rotate with buddy for the deeper fwd position? But the again I didn't notice Tippo rucking much, if at all, during the training sessions in Coffs. It was mainly the rucks proper playing that role
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Locks for me.....J White.....Everitt.....Mummy
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Goes up to 11
    My locks are McVeigh and Harry C. Oh and Gazza too...

Seriously considering Laidler as I reckon we'll play him more often than not.

Still tempted by that Buddy bloke too.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12