Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin -The Movie

Sour grapes anyone?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

[QUOTE=Ruck'n'Roll;633064]Possibly "how stupid they are" probably

I wonder how Mummy feels listening to GWS bitch and moan about the club that gave him a premiership. OK we let mummy go but had he wanted less he could still be a swan.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    I think Tony Shepherd's comments has little do with any GWS/Swans feud. It seems far more likely that he realises the Swans COLA is doomed, and is desperately trying to protect his clubs AFL money, by distancing the GWS handout from the one given to the Swans.

As to the Mummy, I suspect he and the other GWS beast Giles will give whatever ruckmen the Swans play (apparently Pyke's out) an intensely torrid time. Not a comforting thought for kids like Naismith and Nanny.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

No doubt they probably will Ruck'n'Roll, but these days, a decent team will just adapt to what's happening in the middle. Getting flogged in the ruck is not the be all and end all it once was.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Second club in Sydney 'a terrible move' according to RWO forum user CJK
    -

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I think the Giants are just trying to protect their own interests. No-one can say at the moment whether recruiting Franklin was a good move or not, only time will tell. Still not convinced about Buddy's beard though, I don't think it suits him at all!!

I would go as far as saying that missing out on Buddy means that I can't see GWS surviving.

Just sounds like a bitter spurned lover!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I actually don't think his comments are that bad. Just from that article it read to me that he's suggesting it was a bad mood because it damaged the image of NSW AFL clubs within AFL ranks, so completely separate to whether it's a good move or not for promoting the game in NSW.

Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    My cousin is a WSW fanatic was given free pass to go watch GWS he chucked the tickets in the next available bin and saw a fair few people do the same.
    I'm sure many Australian Rules fanatics may very well do the same if they were given soccer tickets. There's a magic marketing figure that dictates the number of free tickets given out to events, it's a lot lower than you might think- whilst you'd always love to get a full turn up I'd be surprised if GWS target is much more than a 25% turn up rate.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I think Tony Shepherd's comments has little do with any GWS/Swans feud. It seems far more likely that he realises the Swans COLA is doomed, and is desperately trying to protect his clubs AFL money, by distancing the GWS handout from the one given to the Swans.
    =
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I think the Giants are just trying to protect their own interests. No-one can say at the moment whether recruiting Franklin was a good move or not, only time will tell. Still not convinced about Buddy's beard though, I don't think it suits him at all!!

Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Oh seriously?!
    Those whiners at GW$ get a COLA, dozens of first round draft picks (that they'll trade away coz they've stockpiled more talent than they can either afford or fit into a side), AFL subsidies to play an unproven Tongan born rugby player $6M for 4 years (& he doesn't even see out his contract ... Buddy's contract is an absolute bargain in comparison!) and the tosser in charge of that franchise has the gall to say we are established & don't need sun more AFL help? ... when our boys weren't even given new footys or a set of dumb bells to train with in the first 3 years when they moved north?!
    I can't decide who I hate more ... Collingwood or GW$!!
    To think some Swans supporters also bought GWS memberships in that first year............some have dual m'ships.

Disgrace!
    Make no mistake! They were our enemy then & will continue to be as long as they are in the comp & in the same state as us.

We shafted their marketing plans of the next 5 years big time when we got Buddy!

We will also attack their 'fringe' players that aren't able to crack it into their team due to an embarrassment of talent handed to them.

They know very wel that they are going to lose some serious talent in the coming years when the Vic clubs really start bringing the Vic players home.
    Taylor Adams is one such example at Collingwood.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast