Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Franklin -The Movie

Could be a new and exciting scene in "Franklin - The Movie" with a central role no-one anticipated!

LANCE Franklin continues to firm for a fairytale Brownlow Medal win after a purple patch of form since Round 13.

Campbell Brown, who played with Franklin in Hawthorn?s 2008 premiership side, yesterday said the left-footed roaming forward was in the best form since that 113-goal year.

?We have seen patches of that 2008 form in recent years but not consistency. Now we are seeing contested marks above his head and those goals that only Buddy can kick,? Brown said.

?I have spoken to him a few times and he loves Sydney. He feels now like he did in his early years at Hawthorn, just enjoying life, kicking goals, contributing to a winning team. And he does the flashy things that umpires like.

?You would think he has had five or six best on grounds this year and if that?s the case he might be up near 20 votes. The Richmond game, Port Adelaide, Adelaide, Fremantle and Giants games are five that spring to mind, plus last Saturday night against Carlton.

?He can poll well in the Brownlow although Josh Kennedy will make it hard for him."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/syd...-1226988870653

Just for the effect on Hawthorn, I'd like to see Kennedy Franklin and McGlynn top our Brownlow votes.

Agree really should be as one harder to beat!

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Just for the effect on Hawthorn, I'd like to see Kennedy Franklin and McGlynn top our Brownlow votes.
    I'll be very interested to see how Parker polls. At very long odds, worth a few $.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    I'll be very interested to see how Parker polls. At very long odds, worth a few $.
    He certainly will be top 3 for the Swans I think, and might manage top 10 overall. The umpires always like hard nuts like him when it comes to Brownlow votes, and I think there are 3 or 4 games already where you could argue he will get 2 or 3 votes. For instance, I certainly thought he was BOG in the win against Adelaide early in the year.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Have you noticed what Buddy got up to during the off-season?

Buddy 2014
    2014 Buddy.jpg

Buddy 2015
    2015 Buddy.jpg

Are you saying that Buddy is heavier this year than last?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    He's a more balanced player - so to speak.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

It looks like he's got extra tattoos on his right arm.

Looks like it might be of his dad.

Certainly it's not Jesinta!

Daly Cherry-Evans' new contract for Manly in the NRL makes Buddy's look positively miserly. Eight years said to be conservatively worth $10 million. But where it far outdoes Buddy's deal, it is being reported that DCE's contract is tied to a percentage of the NRL's salary cap � meaning when the cap rises, so too does his wage. That was a smart bit of negotiation by his manager. I assume his manager has the same clause in his own contract!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920