Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin -The Movie

Senior Player

Franklin -The Movie

So say the idiots at GWS, and if that is really what they believe then they should be happy we did. Never mind the battle of the bridge thy need to build one and get over it.
    Recruiting Lance Franklin a 'bad move', says GWS boss

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Sad that someone else living in Sydney could have fallen for Eddie's brainwashing.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

They're a bitter lot over in Giantland. With the kind of concessions they've received it will be a real indictment on the management team if they can't move quickly up the ladder. They're pretty stupid waging war on the Swans. It will come back to bite them.

Oh seriously?!
    Those whiners at GW$ get a COLA, dozens of first round draft picks (that they'll trade away coz they've stockpiled more talent than they can either afford or fit into a side), AFL subsidies to play an unproven Tongan born rugby player $6M for 4 years (& he doesn't even see out his contract ... Buddy's contract is an absolute bargain in comparison!) and the tosser in charge of that franchise has the gall to say we are established & don't need sun more AFL help? ... when our boys weren't even given new footys or a set of dumb bells to train with in the first 3 years when they moved north?!
    I can't decide who I hate more ... Collingwood or GW$!!

Hahaha.... Love it. A bit of banter before the derby to whip the natives into a frenzy. Not sure the GWS coach would be too happy though. I wouldn't want a "motivated" Buddy playing my side.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

There is no way the AFL will persist with GWS. Been a disaster. They will flail aroun as they come to terms with it.

The folau thing does show how stupid the are. They could have lured a massive player with that

Happy and I know it
    COLA wouldn't be an issue if we kept losing games like GWS.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries
    A bridge too far?

I wonder how accurate this part is:

He is due $5.2 million over the final four seasons, with $1.4 million allocated for 2020 and $1.5 million scheduled for 2021.
    From what Ireland said last year, the contract is similar to the one Alistair Lynch was on at Brisbane, and he was being paid a lot less towards the end of his career.
    Last edited by ScottH; 17th February 2014 at 08:21 AM.

The question of the COLA comes down to does it cost more to live in Sydney or not. Well trodden actuarial ground. Something that is measured on a regular basis for the purposes of compensation in the non football world. Eddie can jump and shot all he likes but the facts will support the Swans.

At the end of the day if we lose the COLA it's the Sydney players who will suffer. We have heard nothing yet from the players association but I doubt they would accept the AFL reducing the pay of their members lightly. If it were phased out it would be the draftees and rookies who would bear the brunt. I see industrial action in the AFL's future if they go down this path.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Possibly "how stupid they are" Reggi?

hahaha ahh GWS

Like the bastard kid no body wants.

My cousin is a WSW fanatic was given free pass to go watch GWS he chucked the tickets in the next available bin and saw a fair few people do the same.

Goes up to 11
    A bit rich coming from GWS - the whole GWS thing is the embodiment of 'bad move'.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast