Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: the best to play Sydney footy

I see that Rob Kerr has been appointed as Head of Football at Essendon...
    He was playing coach of Easts/Bulldogs in the early 1990s when they played out of Trumper. I rank him as one of the best I've seen in Sydney footy because of his pace, skills, persistence, gentlemanly attitude.

Good wishes to you, Rob Kerr.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Jason Allie had the X factor. Was so hard to not watch him and try to stop him!

I never played higher than SFA besides 18s but watched a bit of SFL growing up.

Manny Lynch at Wests was special.

That Campbelltown team that went to play in the ACTAFL had some freaks in it.

Ben Physick for longevity, started playing Seniors at 15 or 16, and as a bloke I grew up playing against and with for a short time, was good to see him win a flag.

For SFA, and for his SFL days as well, Trev Burnett was a champion in every sense. Nice bloke off the field too.

Shaun Edmunds at Parra as well, geez he was a tough bastard.

Some of the blokes I had the (dis)pleasure of playing on like Fred David from Gong, Phil Cianci from Mac Uni, Andrew Browne from Sydney Uni, Andrew Davis & Thain from UTS were unstoppable, and the early days against Jacko from Manly, but the bloke was a @@@@@, personally. They were all match winners

I reckon Don Ollington was up there too in the late 90s/2000s. Carter Mullins too. Loved playing on Jabba from Penrith, always a tough battle.

We would get regularly flogged, so would normally see the opposition at their very best!

I bet you can't guess which one of these is now a priest

I see that one T Luff kicked a lazy 6 goals in a losing UNSW/ES Premier Div. side today ... someone tell him he's 45 this year! ... what a legend!

And Frank Kalayzich is still running around too. Yeah, I know, there are many who will bagg out the guy because he's an umpire. But it's a great effort to still be doing what he's going - I think he's well into his 50s.
    Well done Frank too

Yeah, not quite the right thread. Great personal achievement, sad indictment on the umpiring ranks ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy#8 View Post
    I bet you can't guess which one of these is now a priest

I know it's not Donny, Jabba or Fizza! I'm guessing Jason Allie? Further to that, Hawkesbury and Nor-West's best player in the late 90s/early 00s was Mickey Earl, even when we couldn't get within 100 points of a win he was always starring. Now a pastor down south.

I see Royce Simpson was listed in the Div 5 team on the weekend, as well as Chook. Handy at that level!

Senior Player
    I bet both of them are questioning it this morning but good to see them getting a few touches although Royce would have been happier with 4 goals not behinds for his efforts.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    I know it's not Donny, Jabba or Fizza! I'm guessing Jason Allie? Further to that, Hawkesbury and Nor-West's best player in the late 90s/early 00s was Mickey Earl, even when we couldn't get within 100 points of a win he was always starring. Now a pastor down south.
    Must be the thing to do after footy down south - Father Fred David now spreading the good word down Wollongong way

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy#8 View Post
    Must be the thing to do after footy down south - Father Fred David now spreading the good word down Wollongong way
    And still kicking bags for Figtree, 11 on the weekend!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345