Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tommy Walsh on the long term injury list

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I'm not convinced he's injured.

Wouldn't be surprise if he's packed it in and this way we can replace him on the list.
    He's definitely injured. It was a very serious double 'off the bone' Hamstring tendon tear which had to be surgically repaired. Many players never come back from that serious an injury as they cannot regain the muscle strength. I thought at the outset that the odds were against him and still do. I think Tommy would like to crack the AFL and will give it one last shot; it's possible, but he is certainly facing an uphill battle.

In his past interviews he seemed to want to remain a professional footballer and stay in Sydney if he could, even the ones his did for the Irish news.

Very possible I'm 100% wrong.

Don't we have details about how he's leaving at the end of this season anyway?
    -

Injury payments are outside the salary cap is the most obvious reason

My guess right now is that he will either retire or be delisted at the end of the season, even if he does fully recover. I don't think he's shown enough to make me think that he will impress this year, especially coming back from injury. But I still get the feeling he would like to try to make it.

i reckon he would prefer to retire and head back OS

we have plenty of talls - i feel he is a long way behind the others

he probably wants to get home in one piece and be ready for the next season in Ireland

also we need to elevate a player like naismith given the tall knee and leg probs at the swans
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Very possible I'm 100% wrong.

Don't we have details about how he's leaving at the end of this season anyway?
    Yep

Injured Swan Walsh considers going home to Ireland - AFL.com.au
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Goes up to 11
    I hope he keeps going with it and makes it as an AFL player. I don't think he has a future with us beyond this year, but I reckon there'd be other clubs willing to take a shot at him and at least rookie list him. If he was still on St Kilda's list he'd be getting games with them this year.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The does say that staying with Sydney or another AFL club past the end of the year is his first preference, though.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    He's definitely injured. It was a very serious double 'off the bone' Hamstring tendon tear which had to be surgically repaired....
    When I saw the guys here in Coffs Tommy was doing a LOT of running, not flat out but strong running. He looked in great shape too.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    When I saw the guys here in Coffs Tommy was doing a LOT of running, not flat out but strong running. He looked in great shape too.
    Agreed - Tommy was running laps when I popped by training a couple of weeks ago. He looks impressive too - seems to me he's put his mind to the task of giving himself the best chance of making it back asap.

Suspended by the MRP
    Tommy Walsh was played ahead of Jesse White when Sam Reid went down last year!

If Tommy had not gone down then Jesse may not have made as the coaching staff rated Tommy ahead of Jesse at that time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Tommy Walsh was played ahead of Jesse White when Sam Reid went down last year!

If Tommy had not gone down then Jesse may not have made as the coaching staff rated Tommy ahead of Jesse at that time!
    True.
    And Tommy was playing like a man possessed up until he tore his hammy.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast