Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 44

Thread: Barry Hall

  1. #13
    Proud Tragic Swan Primmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the Move!
    Posts
    5,967
    Barry was asked to do a jumper presentation, as was B2. Gotcha.

    Crikey those biceps.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

  2. #14
    I just hope, well this does confirm in my mind, that the good stuff I did outweighs the bad.

    "Keep growing the culture, it's strong, keep building on it and it'll be a very successful club in the future ? and I'll be here."
    kinda made me feel emotional. I was really mad at barry when he made the bulldogs statement but to me it just seem like barry being petulant like a scorned lover.

    Its good to have your ugly mug back baz!

  3. #15
    Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Doughnuts don't wear alligator shoes
    Posts
    2,894
    Bulldog for life.

    Didnt boo him, but not nostalgic for him either. Has nothing on MOL, Maxfield, etc.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

  4. #16
    On the Rookie List Jewels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Copacabana
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Bulldog for life.

    Didnt boo him, but not nostalgic for him either. Has nothing on MOL, Maxfield, etc.
    Yep, my thoughts too. A Swan when it suits him.

  5. #17
    Proud Tragic Swan Primmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the Move!
    Posts
    5,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Yep, my thoughts too. A Swan when it suits him.
    Well I dunno. He agreed to do some presentations to start with and that has to be a good sign, long before any thought of HOF came into the picture, and if it suits him to be enveloped by the Swans, then fine by me. I watch some of those old games sometimes, and he was a beauty. I think we have forgotten that in amongst everything, he did play his heart out for us over and over agian. Never did things by halves. He was a good captain. He was a damned fine player. Kids loved him (always a good sign). And he yes he did stuff it up right royally. But not all the time.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

  6. #18
    Pushing for Selection
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    64
    I lost a lot of respect for Roos and Kirk over how they reacted to Barry's indiscretions. He played his heart out for the Swans and they should have shown more loyalty to him. He deserves his place as a Swan Legend.
    Where's the remote?

  7. #19
    On the Rookie List tasmania60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    i a house
    Posts
    276
    agree was a champ but really in hind site faults on both parties still should never boo a champ doesnt mater who he plays for so few really . Champ lately is cheapened a he was for Sydney.

  8. #20
    On the Rookie List Jeffers1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Posts
    4,564
    Quote Originally Posted by andy0414 View Post
    I lost a lot of respect for Roos and Kirk over how they reacted to Barry's indiscretions. He played his heart out for the Swans and they should have shown more loyalty to him. He deserves his place as a Swan Legend.
    Same here.
    My issue with Roos and Kirk is that they hung him out publicly in the media when it could have easily been sorted out behind closed doors.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.


  9. #21
    Veterans List
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    9,075
    Quote Originally Posted by andy0414 View Post
    I lost a lot of respect for Roos and Kirk over how they reacted to Barry's indiscretions. He played his heart out for the Swans and they should have shown more loyalty to him. He deserves his place as a Swan Legend.
    How many times do you show loyalty to someone who continues to belt people. Interesting that this has happened after Roos left the club.

  10. #22
    Pushing for Selection
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    64
    Everyone knew he was a bit volatile, so treating him like a kid was not the right way to go about it. To Roos credit he has admitted that he didn't handle it too well. Kirk's comment "that he could not trust Hall" after all the games Hall had played for the Swans was very poor.
    Where's the remote?

  11. #23
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    13,691
    I had no issue with the comments made publicly by Roos and Kirk. There was no way this was going to play out completely in private, given the public nature of the onfield events. Roos might wish in hindsight he had handled things differently, but he's a human being too, and I am sure his emotions were running as high as Hall's at the time.

    I can also understand why Hall needed to distance himself from the club for a while emotionally, particularly while he was playing with the Bulldogs. But I am thrilled he is now back in the fold, and that the club has acknowledged the wonderful contribution he made to the team and the club during the middle portion of the 2000s.

  12. #24
    One Man Out ShockOfHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Due north
    Posts
    3,668
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I had no issue with the comments made publicly by Roos and Kirk. There was no way this was going to play out completely in private, given the public nature of the onfield events. Roos might wish in hindsight he had handled things differently, but he's a human being too, and I am sure his emotions were running as high as Hall's at the time.

    I can also understand why Hall needed to distance himself from the club for a while emotionally, particularly while he was playing with the Bulldogs. But I am thrilled he is now back in the fold, and that the club has acknowledged the wonderful contribution he made to the team and the club during the middle portion of the 2000s.
    Thanks for summing it up so well, Liz.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO