Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barry Hall

On the veteran's list
    We must remember that in 2005 in the last game Barry passed off certain goals which would have won him the Coleman medal saying it was about the team not individual honours.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Pushing for Selection
    If Barry and the club have gotten over their differences, then I think that's great. Now he can take his place as a true champion of the club. Maybe I'll forgive and forget too.
    Where's the remote?

I dunno... the 'I want to be remembered as a bulldog' is a little difficult for me to get over.

It's too bad it wasn't Kirk holding up the cup rather than Hall.

A player like McVeigh was much better. Which is partly why I like 2012 better than 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Same here.
    My issue with Roos and Kirk is that they hung him out publicly in the media when it could have easily been sorted out behind closed doors.
    Mine too.

It was handled very poorly by the Swans.
    And I think Hall rightly got pretty pissed about it all and ended up with some statements which were possibly said in anger.
    I never cared what he said after he was no longer at the Swans, but simply remembered fondly what he did for the Swans.
    Never considered booing him for any reason whatsoever.

What happened with Hall is small compared to some of the older controversies.
    Anyone remember the Ricky Quade/Barry Round drama?
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Mine too.

What happened with Hall is small compared to some of the older controversies.
    Anyone remember the Ricky Quade/Barry Round drama?
    No. What was that about?

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    No. What was that about?
    Car park shenanigans, a coach a wife and a captain.

Seriously people Barry making that comment while he was at the doggies was in the vain of an ex lover just being spiteful becasue he was extremely hurt! FFS we hung him out to dry..our premiership captain! Of course he was going to say that..how many of you have been in emotional situations and said things out of spite not becasue you meant them because because you were hurt!

Baz loves the club a lot and yes he was friggen hurting badly at the time. Baz is a big kid that needs to be loved.

If he didnt give one iota about the club he wouldnt politely declined the offer to come back for a guernsy presentation, especially knowing that you left in @@@@ty terms.

To me Roos is now the enemy. He will be coaching against us and would'nt suprise me if we become the demons bitches for the next few years. Everytime the demons are up they flog us!

In a nutshell liz. Thanks.

After all the kerfuffle involved it has to be remembered that between the likes of Kirky, BBBH, Roosy, Schneider for that matter and Leo, they got us a Premiership after 72 years.

the end.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

He was a champion footballer and I don't have a problem with the Swans recognising him for his contribution.

But, personally, I think he's a knob. Don't have much time for blokes who king hit people from behind either on or off the field

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I had no issue with the comments made publicly by Roos and Kirk. There was no way this was going to play out completely in private, given the public nature of the onfield events. Roos might wish in hindsight he had handled things differently, but he's a human being too, and I am sure his emotions were running as high as Hall's at the time.

I can also understand why Hall needed to distance himself from the club for a while emotionally, particularly while he was playing with the Bulldogs. But I am thrilled he is now back in the fold, and that the club has acknowledged the wonderful contribution he made to the team and the club during the middle portion of the 2000s.
    Agree totally Liz

The more i read and hear about Paul Roos the more i think he is well a @@@@@ who turns on you if you dont do things his way.

Too much is said about Roos that is simply fiction.

I used to like Roos a lot..

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Same here.
    My issue with Roos and Kirk is that they hung him out publicly in the media when it could have easily been sorted out behind closed doors.
    I'm in this camp as well but it's been done to death.

Sensational player who was pivotal to our success. Deserves his place.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast