Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NAB Challenge: Swans v Eagles @ BISP Thursday 27th Feb 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    One would think the 5 additions to the squad will play

Possibly Towers will drop out of the 29 (Franklin a big "in"); one of Naismith or Nankervis ditto (Pyke to start); and either Allir or XR to miss (LRT to come in and Lockyer to get more minutes than last week)

I am hopeful Marsh also gets some added minutes with Kennedy resting. There has been some hype from the team for him during the pre-season.
    I hope Towers keep his spot. I thought he was quite good last week.

For whatever reason, he reminds me of leaping Leo.

does anyone else get a little edgey on game day......... and it is only a trial !

i dont know if it has been that we havent had footy to watch for 5months....... but I am trying to not think about that the Swans are playing tonight while working ............BUT it aint working !!!!!!

I think i need counselling !!!!

any ideas ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Warming the Bench
    Scared of major injuries Auntie?

that's always my worry in these games!

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    does anyone else get a little edgey on game day......... and it is only a trial !

i dont know if it has been that we havent had footy to watch for 5months....... but I am trying to not think about that the Swans are playing tonight while working ............BUT it aint working !!!!!!

any ideas ?
    I'm with you Auntie. Feeling on edge like a normal game day ... feeling like the season-proper will never arrive ... and yes Plugger I'm always a bit nervous about a big injury pre-season. Situation normal. I'm finding AFL Fantasy Footy a handy distraction, spending way too much valuable time (ie. at work) assembling and re-assembling my team. Hard not to stack my team with Swans.
    CIA Agent to Policeman: "Have you ever had anti-terrorist training?"
    Policeman: "Yes, I was married once."

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

any ideas ?
    Quit you job problem solved

Opti-pessi-misti
    Depending on who gets a game tonight it looks like Membrey & Dick from 2012 draft, Hewitt and Jones from last draft and Biggs and Perris from the rookies are the only young ones who haven't been considered for a game yet. Of those, Hewitt has been referred to on injury lists and Biggs has obviously had an injury of some kind, Perris has a long list of mids in front of him deserving of a game which makes it tough, but Jones seems a bit of a mystery. Is he injured? He got great raps at the beginning of preseason. Or maybe he is in the same situation as Perris - just too many ahead of him.

-

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Depending on who gets a game tonight it looks like Membrey & Dick from 2012 draft, Hewitt and Jones from last draft and Biggs and Perris from the rookies are the only young ones who haven't been considered for a game yet. Of those, Hewitt has been referred to on injury lists and Biggs has obviously had an injury of some kind, Perris has a long list of mids in front of him deserving of a game which makes it tough, but Jones seems a bit of a mystery. Is he injured? He got great raps at the beginning of preseason. Or maybe he is in the same situation as Perris - just too many ahead of him.
    Biggs seems to be injured...been running laps with the re-habbers
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Rampe to midfield to start
    Laidler to FB
    LRT to CHB
    Grundy to HBF !

just some of the changes to the starting team and will be very interesting to watch !

Jetts and Aliir to the green jersey each
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Nice one.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Scrappy to say the least at the start. That B Jack read off the front of the pack was uncannily like his brother. Laidler has had a good quarter too.

Great goal by Reid. Loved how Jetta kept the ball alive. Good to see LRT back in the fray.

First ten minutes of Q1 by the Swans was lame, but reasonable since then.

McVeigh was calling Allir 'Shandy', so I guess that's it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast