Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: NAB Challenge: Swans v Eagles @ BISP Thursday 27th Feb 2014

In another year Goodes would be up for round 1. This year its the first time in a long time that the season starts at the start of march. In the past there would still be 4-5 weeks until the season started.

Well thats what i remind myself in terms of goodes and hoping we see him again.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Well, for starters, Buddy WILL eventually have a great game, so, by definition, he will have average or crap ones before then. This match gets one of those crap ones out of the way ... one game closer to Buddy's first blinder in red&white
    I thought Buddy's work rate was really good. He scrapped, tackled, chased and persisted. He played like a Sydney Swans player should. The conditions were tough for him, but he will produce great moments this year on dry decks once he hits top form!

Forgot to mention: I noted that when Buddy came off the ground he and Stuey Maxfield had a bit of a chat/report, then sometimes went back immediately.

Also, that the combinations just didn't work at first, but eventually they started to come together.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

seemed obvious our midfield got dominated

As most teams say you have to win the midfield battle otherwise you can not have an affect on the momentum of the game

turned out a great hit out for our defenders !!!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by spiffy-dude View Post
    In another year Goodes would be up for round 1. This year its the first time in a long time that the season starts at the start of march. In the past there would still be 4-5 weeks until the season started.

Well thats what i remind myself in terms of goodes and hoping we see him again.
    He would be trying his hardest to make it back. He has nerver played with a more explosive, talanted group than this 2014 squad, even though he has won two flags!

During most of his career, along with Barry Hall he has been the best and most talanted player at the Swans. Now we look to him, not to carry the team, but to be another valuable element to a very talanted group.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the report, Primmy!

Parker will miss a week with that knock to the eye but should be right for Round 1 according to sydneyswans.com.au

Rohan did look good on the highlights video, with Reid and Buddy getting the best defenders he could really have an impact in the forward line this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Jesus. Reading these forums I now remember why I told myself to avoid them after a loss.

One game in crappy conditions, missing the bulk of our midfield, and suddenly we have no depth.

Teams rarely hit their straps from round 1 and keep it up all season. We'll have all pistons firing when it counts.
    Spot on!

Thanks for the report, Prim. What I realised from last night is that the players we had missing, apart from being almost our entire midfield, are the ones who get us going - McVeigh, Joey, KJ, McGlynn, Goodes, Mitchell even.

Great to see LRT out there. Reid was really good, BJ showed his smarts again, Rohan did a couple of good things. I enjoyed his mark and goal when Buddy was two-teamed.

Bring on Burpengary.

Coach Longmire said on Twitter today that we'd be fielding our strongest possible side against Brisbane next week. I think that will be a much better snapshot of where we are than last night's game.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    I was worried every time Buddy went near the ball or to ground that he would get injured - it's going to be a long season!
    I had the exact same feeling! There was one point his leg was caught under some Eagles players and I thought he had hurt his knee.

I just want the proper season to start!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567