Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Blame Swans for COLA scrutiny: Giants

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Getting Buddy is really sounding like a bad move in more ways than one. Its put enormous pressure on the COLA factor and now I hear he had a seizure in January...What??? A 27 yr old having a seizure???I can only think of drugs being involved despite them claiming it had nothing to do with it. I am wishing this Buddy signing never took place.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    I am wishing this Buddy signing never took place.
    I'm happy with the signing but not the contract.

Regarding his seizure 2 days after NYE...

It really doesn't help the rumors of him being a party boy. If it was anything other than what i suspect it was then they would have mentioned it, but when ever its consigned to "a private matter" then it much more. The club would have announced through the presser that he was suffering from this or this to hose down any speculation considering he has a bad history of well being a party boy.

Gee Lance i am starting to have doubts, not about his worth to the team from his skills but other factors. I dont know maybe its me but theres a different vibe with the swans players this year.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Getting Buddy is really sounding like a bad move in more ways than one. Its put enormous pressure on the COLA factor and now I hear he had a seizure in January...What??? A 27 yr old having a seizure???I can only think of drugs being involved despite them claiming it had nothing to do with it. I am wishing this Buddy signing never took place.
    I had a seizure at 21, and have never taken drugs. Your theory is very ignorant.

What hope has the man got when even his own supporters are jumping to conclusions. There's been so many disappointing comments about Franklin from Sydney supporters this week, but I wish I was more surprised.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The Swans are also the biggest beneficiary of the veteran's allowance with 5 players adding nearly 600k to the salary cap. Some of this is how we were able to get players like Tippett and Buddy.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-2...veterans-aflpa
    Geelong had 9 last year and has 6 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    What hope has the man got when even his own supporters are jumping to conclusions. There's been so many disappointing comments about Franklin from Sydney supporters this week, but I wish I was more surprised.
    The guy comes with baggage so you cannot help and be cynical. When i was living in melbourne i was mates with a hawks fan..i used to hear a lot of stories about the hawk party boys and Lance was basically the wildest. This was from a hardcore hawks fan who used to mingle in the same scene. I guess theres a lot of anxiety with this Lance deal. It just sucks that there's a lot of schadenfreude on buddy and us atm. I have followed a fair few codes and by far the most moronic, the most idiotic, the most gullible and the ones that make bastardy look soft are melbourne based AFL fans. Love the code despise the knuckle dragging element of melbourne based footy fans.

I personally dont think i can handle all this Franklin rumors and the anxiety, i think this will def be my last season watching AFL. I have had enough, i have had enough of the supporters, i have had enough enough of the media and the game well its not really that great. You support a code or team to experience the highs and lows, not to hear every single supporter being complete bastards towards your club. Thats not fun at all and its the sort of behavior that i left when i finished school. Everything and everyone associated with AFL annoys me no end. I am glad i am not in Melbourne no more..that place is depressing.
    Last edited by spiffy-dude; 1st March 2014 at 11:15 AM.

Veteran Site Admin
    I don't think any of us was under any illusions about the party-boy aspects of Franklin when he was signed. Surely no-one thought that was suddenly going to change with his arrival in Sydney? But so long as he performs on-field and his flamboyant playing style and personality attract supporters to the club, so what? The fact he has come from one of the more successful teams of the last few years indicates that what ever he gets up to in his spare time isn't doomed to derail a whole club.

Just buckle up for the ride and expect (and look forward to) the bumps that will come along the way - onfield and, if it happens, off field too. Unpredictability can be fun!

Yeah you are right we should enjoy it and ignore the jealousy as its expected, but it still gives me anxiety. Even on Thursday when he was going in hard i was squirming at the thought of a long term injury. It will be heart breaking for the club and us the supporters after doing so much in the last decade and finally (well until 2012 anyway) getting the respect of the comp for it to all go to buggery due to one player, which i really hope it doesn't.

Everything he has done so far has pointed to him embracing the club and work ethic and really thats all we should expect (apart from a flag and 100 goals for the first 3 season of the 9) from him.

Go Lance Go Swans.

There are plenty of superstars in soccer and the American sports with party boy reputations that have not affected their performances on field. Buddy looks to be another one than can handle it. At least he has so far. He should be settling down a bit with age. Hopefully he can continue his relationship with Jacintha, which is likely to take the party out of the boy.

IS she a swans fan?

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Timing of the facts

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I had a seizure at 21, and have never taken drugs. Your theory is very ignorant.
    I did not say everyone that has a seizure is a result from drugs. I am saying he has a reputation for a Party boy and having it two days after new years eve makes me think the worse. But don't forget he is superbly fit athlete as well. So I am assuming the worse.
    But Gee I hope I am 100% wrong!!!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast