Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transport to Olympic Park Round 1 vs GWS.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar

Transport to Olympic Park Round 1 vs GWS.

Just a heads up, unless I am misreading things no additional trains/buses direct to Olympic Park on Saturday night.
    For those coming from the North,East,South..Best advice to change at Strathfield for a Bus (525) or Lidcombe for a train. For those coming from the West,South West best change at Lidcombe for a train.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Just a heads up, unless I am misreading things no additional trains/buses direct to Olympic Park on Saturday night.
    For those coming from the North,East,South..Best advice to change at Strathfield for a Bus (525) or Lidcombe for a train. For those coming from the West,South West best change at Lidcombe for a train.
    I just tried using the Trip Planner on the Transport NSW website. There appear to be direct trains leaving from Central at 3.01pm, 3.20pm and 3.40pm. Probably ones before that but I didn't try earlier times. In between these trains require a change at Lidcombe for the Olympic Sprint connection train.

Round 1 Vs GWS is NOT at Olympic Park. It is at Spotless Stadium as it is a GWS home game so is at their home ground

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Round 1 Vs GWS is NOT at Olympic Park. It is at Spotless Stadium as it is a GWS home game so is at their home ground
    Well, Olympic Park is the name of the entire complex, including both Spotless and ANZ stadiums. It's correct to say "buses/trains to Olympic Park" as that's the name of the station.

Sydney Olympic Park, New South Wales - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guess I was wrong. Maybe getting confused with Blacktown. My apologies everyone.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Thanks Meg, yes from 3pm every 20 mins from Central
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Regular in the Side
    Expect a "FULL House", but not a "sold out". They are giving out free tickets again. All staff in my workplace are allowed up to 4 free tickets each. So travel early.

While the direct train from Central to Olympic Park will be running I note that the Swans' site stresses: "Please note that public transport is NOT included in the ticket price." Usually we just have to wave our Swans' membership card or ticket to the match to get through the Central Station gate. This time need to buy a train ticket.

For those of us who haven't yet picked up our 2014 cap, I also see that the Swans' site says:
    "Member Redemption
    You will be able to redeem your member items at the Sydney Swans Member Services marquee located at Gate A at Spotless Stadium.
    Make sure you bring your redemption vouchers and come and say hi. We look forward to seeing you."

This match is not listed on the redemption voucher itself. The first match listed where we can collect is Round 2. Good news then, I'll wear my 2013 cap to the GWS match and then get my 2014 cap before I enter the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Expect a "FULL House", but not a "sold out". They are giving out free tickets again. All staff in my workplace are allowed up to 4 free tickets each. So travel early.
    Ripper. I can never understand why the AFL don't give out copious amounts of freebies for ANZ, even if they are Level 6 seats in the nosebleeds. I doubt anybody ever fell in love with the game by watching exclusively on TV, whenever I take first timers they are taken by how different (and better) the game is live.

The atmosphere on Sat should be brilliant if they fill the place because I doubt there is a better ground to watch football at in the AFL. If they can seduce people to attend because they are getting freebies, it will surely lead to a few new devotees...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Ripper. I can never understand why the AFL don't give out copious amounts of freebies for ANZ, even if they are Level 6 seats in the nosebleeds. I doubt anybody ever fell in love with the game by watching exclusively on TV, whenever I take first timers they are taken by how different (and better) the game is live.

The atmosphere on Sat should be brilliant if they fill the place because I doubt there is a better ground to watch football at in the AFL. If they can seduce people to attend because they are getting freebies, it will surely lead to a few new devotees...
    Wise words from a wise man.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast