Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forget the Meaningless result last night, Gary Rohan Re-signs till 2017!

For someone who's played not even 30 games, that's not a bad highlight reel.

WHen he joined the Swans his coach at the Falcons said he was the most exciting player he'd had in the club, including young Gaz.

Veteran Site Admin
    Exciting news for a number of reasons, not least the fact that it puts pay to the idea that every player at the Swans is quietly simmering with rage at the amount of salary cap being taken up by Tippett and Franklin.

Awesome news. Everytime Gaz chases down a player he reminds me of a leopard chasing a deer.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Exciting news for a number of reasons, not least the fact that it puts pay to the idea that every player at the Swans is quietly simmering with rage at the amount of salary cap being taken up by Tippett and Franklin.
    It won't stop the lies and rumours Liz. Theres a guy on BF who is really pushing that there is unrest at the swans, even when debunked he rather believe the lies and keep pushing them. Then when quizzed about his own team and coach and the endless rumours, he becomes a hypocrite and starts attacking and debunking them as stupidity, just like most were doing with his rumours. Theres a lot of people who think and act like this guy, especially on line. And these are not 16 years too, grown up adults. Hence why i hate AFL fans.

Veterans List
    Exciting stuff. Looking forward to more highlights over the coming years.

Senior Player
    Anyways bravo Garry. We've been patient, I can only imagine what he's gone through.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fantastic news, he's a talented young chap and one can only assume that if he'd got through this season okay and left contract extension discussions until the end of the year that there'd be a fair few clubs (perhaps a cross town rival with a dear friend?) willing to pay a pretty penny for his services. Elite skills, blistering pace, good height- even the red hair is endearing! What's not to love?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

A great signing by the Swans.

I take my hat off to Andrew Ireland. Was able to sign-up Franklin & Tippett and leave enough cash for players like Rohan.

I noticed how much of a fuss was made by the media about Marc Murphy re-signing for 4 years, yet I haven't heard much about Gary re-signing. That would make a nonsense about Sydney's younger players being upset about the Buddy signing.

To be fair, Murphy is a much bigger signing.

The AFL did have an article on Rohan's resigning. I think the coverage was fair.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12