Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swans vs Lions this sat 8th March

I have been getting the Twitter feed through the Herald Sun. The Swans tweets are few and far between. The Lions are giving me a better idea what is going on than the Swans. They are even tweeting swans goals. We kicked a goal early and it wasn't until 10 mins later that Swans twitttered the feed to HS. Lions did it immediately. Very poor Swans Media.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Final Score Swans 12.14.86 Lions 8.11.59
    McVeigh 34 possessions, Kennedy 26, Malceski 25, Bird & K.Jack 22, Mitchell 18
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Bird with only 22 possies? Drop him

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    How did you buy tickets to the game? I've been checking out the ticket sales via Ticketek for a few weeks, including earlier this week, and it just says further information not yet available. I can't see how I actually buy a ticket.
    Liz tickets go on sale through Ticketek to general public 18th March (Adelaide members 17th March). I found this out by going to the Adelaide Crows website!
    I didn't like the idea of waiting until the 18th so called the club to be told they had a limited issue of tickets going on sale the next day (Thursday). Not sure how they notified members but I certainly wasn't advised.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I have been getting the Twitter feed through the Herald Sun. The Swans tweets are few and far between. The Lions are giving me a better idea what is going on than the Swans. They are even tweeting swans goals. We kicked a goal early and it wasn't until 10 mins later that Swans twitttered the feed to HS. Lions did it immediately. Very poor Swans Media.
    I don't understand the Swans media department at all. It wouldn't have been to difficult to write a few more 140 word-ers and take a couple of pics on your iphone. It doesn't compare at all to what other clubs deliver and even other clubs from other codes, and quite frankly you wonder why. You want to sell a premium product from a premier team? Make sure you @@@@ing publicise it.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Liz tickets go on sale through Ticketek to general public 18th March (Adelaide members 17th March). I found this out by going to the Adelaide Crows website!
    I didn't like the idea of waiting until the 18th so called the club to be told they had a limited issue of tickets going on sale the next day (Thursday). Not sure how they notified members but I certainly wasn't advised.
    It was in the newsletter email members got on 4 March that had a heading re Rohan resigning. The newsletter also covered tomorrow's fan day at The Sydney Entertainment Centre next to the SCG.

Re-signing not resigning!

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    I don't understand the Swans media department at all. It wouldn't have been to difficult to write a few more 140 word-ers and take a couple of pics on your iphone. It doesn't compare at all to what other clubs deliver and even other clubs from other codes, and quite frankly you wonder why. You want to sell a premium product from a premier team? Make sure you @@@@ing publicise it.
    The AFL newsroom had one guy there who was tweeting on behalf of the Lions and the Swans.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. At least that will stop me sitting gazing at a Ticketek page looking for a link that will enable me to buy a ticket. I just need to remember to try and buy one as soon as they go on sale. My experiences getting tickets via the club's limited away game allocation aren't great anyway (they usually seem to be ground level seats, and I much prefer to watch from an elevated position) so even had I known, I probably wouldn't have bought one that way.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    The AFL newsroom had one guy there who was tweeting on behalf of the Lions and the Swans.
    Yeah, I don't get the angst over the Swans' media team at times, this being one of them. Over twitter all you're ever going to know is that something has been scored (or someone injured). So what if you get it from a Brisbane person tweeting, or an AFL person.

In general the quantity and quality of material we now have access to via the Swans' website is excellent, and certainly light years ahead of where it was two or three years ago. My only major disappointment is their non-broadcast of the Pre-Season dinner or last year's BS Dinner over the website, a service I very much enjoyed in previous years, as I am sure did many others not able to attend the events in person.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    With Andy D's $3.8 mil salary, not much left over to cover practice matches.

Photo of AFL Newsroom:

typewriter monkey 1.jpg

Suspended by the MRP
    Any injuries from the game? How many possessions for Cunninghal?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast