Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Swans vs Lions this sat 8th March

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Any injuries from the game? How many possessions for Cunninghal?
    Apparently Buddy suffered a knock to the knee, which is why he didn't play in the second half. But Longmire says it was just precautionary to rest him after half time, and that he's in no doubt for next weekend.

The Lions' Beams injured a foot too, and this sounds more serious. It was just his second game back from his knee reco, so fingers crossed for him that this isn't too bad.

Suspended by the MRP
    Great weather today! Bondi Buddy will enjoy a nice Sunday morning walk along the shallow shores of North Bondi to work of that bruise!

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    How did you buy tickets to the game? I've been checking out the ticket sales via Ticketek for a few weeks, including earlier this week, and it just says further information not yet available. I can't see how I actually buy a ticket.
    Swans Support tweeted at 10am on Thursday that Members' tickets were on sale. I had been planning to go if I could get a ticket so I jumped on and bought some. They didn't have many left when i called at 10.30 as they were only given a very small allocation, no doubt due to the number of members the Crows have and the fact that it's so early in the season and the new ground experience will still be in its infancy. I'd been checking Ticketek too and they still have nothing in terms of sale info.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I know many of you don't do BigFooty, but some kind fellow who was at today's practice match (a Collingwood supporter, no less!) has generously posted some pictures he took at the game. Enjoy!

Practice Match vs Brisbane Lions at Burpengary
    Last edited by Xie Shan; 8th March 2014 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Fixed link

great shot of HarryC lining up and slotting a great goal

sounds like the hit out in the heat was beneficial for being ready for round 1

I know this is massively optimistic call but Cunningham or BJ can become the 40 goal per season goal sneaks like a Milne or Betts

Betts and Milne both averaged approx 2 goals per game thru their careers and I personally think that Cunningham and BJ both have that x factor about them around the goals
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    great shot of HarryC lining up and slotting a great goal

sounds like the hit out in the heat was beneficial for being ready for round 1

I know this is massively optimistic call but Cunningham or BJ can become the 40 goal per season goal sneaks like a Milne or Betts

Betts and Milne both averaged approx 2 goals per game thru their careers and I personally think that Cunningham and BJ both have that x factor about them around the goals
    Those guys definitely have that potential due to their speed, but Milne and Betts have amazing all round skills. Milne and Betts at times could out mark Nick Smith, but I think Nick Smith would dominate both BJ and Cunningham in the air.

If you want both Cunningham and BJ in the line up then someone like a Craig Bird will have to give way! Craig Bird is too consistent and gives you more in the midfield than both BJ and Cunningham! This could change over the next two years as both BJ and Cunningham develop their games!

Found this. Aps if already posted in thread.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Those guys definitely have that potential due to their speed, but Milne and Betts have amazing all round skills. Milne and Betts at times could out mark Nick Smith, but I think Nick Smith would dominate both BJ and Cunningham in the air.

If you want both Cunningham and BJ in the line up then someone like a Craig Bird will have to give way! Craig Bird is too consistent and gives you more in the midfield than both BJ and Cunningham! This could change over the next two years as both BJ and Cunningham develop their games!
    Yeah, neither has really shown anything like the skill set of a Milne or a Betts. It's not just the overhead marking- which either could develop a little in time. Both Betts and Milne are (were) great at reading the ball in flight, and also using their body to protect the drop space. It's also the ground level skills, the evasive ability and agility to turn an opponent inside out. Cunningham and Jack have good acceleration and pace, and have showed the ability to hit a spilled ball quickly and decisively, but neither has demonstrated any of the sideways evasiveness of the best small forwards.

To me they are both half forwards at the moment, with the potential to become full time midfielders in time. Cunningham has demonstrated plenty of inside ability at NEAFL level and he was started in the centre square for some bounces during the Giants game, which gives some ideas as to how the club thinks he might develop. Jack hasn't really been called on to show that yet, so we have no idea what kind of 'inside' game he might be capable of developing. You have to remember how far he's come in such a short time - from a bit part player for the RAMS in his U18 year to making his AFL debut barely a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Swans Support tweeted at 10am on Thursday that Members' tickets were on sale. I had been planning to go if I could get a ticket so I jumped on and bought some. They didn't have many left when i called at 10.30 as they were only given a very small allocation, no doubt due to the number of members the Crows have and the fact that it's so early in the season and the new ground experience will still be in its infancy. I'd been checking Ticketek too and they still have nothing in terms of sale info.
    I purchased 3 tickets to the Crows game through the Swans at 3:15pm ish last Thursday. They said at that time they had around 100 left to sell. The game does not go on sale for Ticketek until the 17th March (I think I read).
    Swannies for life!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Found this. Aps if already posted in thread.

Thanks.

Best commentary ever!!

Thanks Billy Boob for the footage. It was more than Swans Media could do. Sorry Liz but in a competitive environment like Sydney you have to be far better than the other mob and our media dept is way behind NRL and Melbourne AFL clubs.

THat was by definition the lowest-profile game of the year. It wasn't a NAB game, just a friendly with no radio coverage, let alone TV. The Swans don't normally travel with their own TV crew, so there's no reason to do it for a meaningless trial match. I doubt Burpengary is even set up for TV coverage. But if there's a villain it's the AFL - they're the ones who've set up a massive website to compete with the professional media, so I'd be inclined to blame them for not sending any more than a bloke with a phone.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456