Thread: Goodes interview you may have missed

Goodes interview you may have missed

Bloods brother: Adam Goodes, 34, AFL player | The Saturday Paper

1) Another new paper (to go with the online Guardian OZ)
    2) AG reiterates his desire for more football success. Bring it on.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Thanks undy, I didn't even know the e-paper existed.
    Brief but informative interview, and as you would expect, Adam's response is clear, thoughtful and emotionally balanced. A good read.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Yes thank for the link undy. Again another gentleman's response from Adam. He has a calming energy, very dignified. I like him more and more.

And thanks for the e-paper link. Much appreciated.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I think this is a real (made from trees and everything) paper - I saw it briefly on Monday when I came back to civilization, looks like its out every Saturday.

wrt Adam and how dignified he is, its interesting watching those clips from the locker room on the Swans site. Everyone else is just gibbering away having a laugh and they talk to Goodesy and he is so considered in what he says and his delivery is so calm. His amazing physique and his demeanor always make me think of something carved from oak or, more appropriately Ironbark or Bloodwood.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Yes 'The Saturday Paper' is a newsprint paper (as well as online) but available only in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra at this stage. I bought first issue last weekend. It is a serious news paper published by Morry Schwartz who also publishes 'The Monthly'. They say it will have one sports interview per issue so I assume Adam's was the first.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Thought he handled those questions exceptionally well, it's not an easy thing to talk about. He is an excellent spokesperson for his people.

Happy and I know it
    Another great article about Adam today: Adam Goodes has right stuff to light the way for us all Adam Goodes has right stuff to light the way for us all
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Another great article about Adam today: Adam Goodes has right stuff to light the way for us all Adam Goodes has right stuff to light the way for us all
    Excellent article.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I try to read anything Flanagan writes.
    This is an outstanding article, beautifully written and highlighting the impressive way Adam Goodes thinks and writes.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)