Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2014/5 shopping list ...

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I can't find a Danny Frawley on any playing lists. However, I do have spies.

They unearthed a Danny Frawley, and report that he has lost his speed a little.

Also a slight problem with his skin folds.

Must be a bit of a brown nose, cos seeing hanging round with coaches a lot.

But he must have something going for him, because there are constant references to a "golden fist"!
    Nah, the bloke's a spud.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I can't find a Danny Frawley on any playing lists. However, I do have spies.

They unearthed a Danny Frawley, and report that he has lost his speed a little.

Also a slight problem with his skin folds.

Must be a bit of a brown nose, cos seeing hanging round with coaches a lot.

But he must have something going for him, because there are constant references to a "golden fist"!
    Come on people. Danny Frawley was an excellent player and plays the same position as his nephew James Frawley.

Simple mistake to make! I'm sure someone would have written that Sam Reid has been in excellent form for Collingwood!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Come on people. Danny Frawley was an excellent player and plays the same position as his nephew James Frawley.

Simple mistake to make! I'm sure someone would have written that Sam Reid has been in excellent form for Collingwood!
    You get used to the monkeys when you've spent enough time at the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I don't think we have any cash left in the bank (cap). We really don't need anyone anyway.
    Give him a 20 year $3M contract.

It could get the deal done.

Senior Player

Oh, he's THAT Danny Frawley...who'd a thunk it??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Nah, the bloke's a spud.
    Now, THAT'S funny.

Suspended by the MRP
    What about Heriter Lumumba from Collingwood?

He looks like he would value a fresh start, looks like he would appreciate the quiet life of Sydney, and he is an excellent medium/tall backman.

I'm not sure how much money he is worth, but he strikes me as a guy who could fit well into the Swans system and he would like the lifestyle in Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    Look i know people aren't going to like this but Mc glyn back to Melbourne , jetta if he puts another bad year ,and here it comes Goodes . Just 3 lot of money tied up, i know goodes is a champ but look know how many can do his job .Mc glyn is vastly over rated and so is jetta .
    I don't see Jetts as being overrated at all. He was struck down with injury in 2013 and his delivery was sadly missed. He can swivel, look and then deliver a 50m pass onto a player's chest. That is brilliance and he is also sensational when in full flight. He will be great for us this year.

What about Heriter Lumumba from Collingwood?

He looks like he would value a fresh start, looks like he would appreciate the quiet life of Sydney, and he is an excellent medium/tall backman.

I'm not sure how much money he is worth, but he strikes me as a guy who could fit well into the Swans system and he would like the lifestyle in Sydney.
    Talking Collingwood. What about Harry OBrien. He hasnt always seemed a happy chap.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I'm another who fails to understand all the negativity around Jets. He was leading goalkicker from a wing/HFF and as influential as anybody in a premiership year just 18 months ago.

You can forget his entire 2013. You don't develop shin splints overnight and I have no doubt his early season struggles were a direct result of that injury until they decided they needed to pull the pin and give him an extended rest in an effort to get him right for later in the year.

He is the best field kick in the team by a mile, the quickest in the team by an inch and now into his 5th season, so ripe to blossom.

There sure are some tough markers in RWO land...
    I totally agree. Jetts is one of the most exciting players in the AFL. It would be sad to lose him. I also agree that last year's early form was due to the shin splints injury. He seemed in pain and every effort seemed to hurt. So forget 2013 and look to 2014 and Jetts and Gazza being the mean speed machines.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite frankly I don't think we need any recycled players. I think we would be better drafting a couple of young defenders not buying old as we don't need them yet. We need to develop them for the future. The future looks like being tall so we need to go tall and mobile/fast.

McGlynn, Bird and Nick Smith, I think are a chance to return to Melbourne in the coming years.
    Given Bird was a NSW scholarship player/recruit, why would he "return" to Melbourne? McGlynn just resigned until 2016. That's 0 for 2 so far. Hopefully Nick Smith will make it 3 strikes on your prediction on Swans' return to Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by tasmania60 View Post
    Look i know people aren't going to like this but Mc glyn back to Melbourne.Mc glyn is vastly over rated.
    Horse disagrees - keeping the overrated gopher for another couple of years

I'm ok with that

Veterans List
    Only players we will be recruiting in the next few years will be cheap ones!

Very important to lock in those you already have rather than chasing new ones and our cap will be at it's max until we have a few retirees.

Remember that the Melbourne squad was paid almost as much as the other squads last year despite being a heap of spuds so some of them are on decent coin and Frawley would be one of them. Frawley therefore won't to be going anywhere for more money, just moving to play in a good side for similar money - money we don't have :-(

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast