Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2014/5 shopping list ...

GWS have 22 first round draft picks. They will hit salary cap problems by 2016. Many of those guns will like living in sydney.

We will be in poaching heaven in a few years time.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    In these days of professional sportspeople being on very good coin, players in all sorts of sports are less enthusiastic to retire. In the olden days a player would retire and then go and get a 'proper job' so they could earn a living. Nowadays it's the other way round and as players age/slow down/become susceptible to injuries etc, they often have to be managed out. This is not always accepted by the players in question or the fans, but it's a fact of life in professional sport in the 21st century. ROK is in this situation now.
    Great point and wonderfully written! That's why it's important for good players to earn as much money as they can at their peak, because the club will only back you as long as it suits them! I hope our two best players ( Kennedy and K. Jack) who are at their peak are looking after themselves and understanding that things can he hard at the end, like they are for ROK!

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We should be looking to pick up one of these young gun midfielders from gws or gc. Our midfield worries me.
    It runs pretty deep when you can't fit ROK in.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

dont want to be a @@@@head but watch his pace dropped off doesnt seem as determined ?

Singled out players aside, we will be diving into the draft and back to looking at fringe players for a while. At least until GWS/GC run into salary cap problems. We must be on the limit as far as the cap goes, and until Goodes and ROK retire, there won't be any money
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Agree and theirs so much class, kids arent being given games. No time being put into them , Swans in a no lose predicament .

We'll be back into the "recycled players" thing again now for a couple of years. That'll make the lazy meedja types happy as they'll be able to drag out their unresearched cliches about us all over again. Hopefully we'll be looking for an underrated key defender though.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

The thing is based on preseason and game one it would be fair to say we havnt improved on last year, if anything we have gone a little backwards.
    The effect of Losing Mummy was highlighted on the weekend, whilst Buddy to date has not added any value. I know it is early and that may change but based on to date we havnt gone forward.
    Whereas Freo certainly have taken there game to a new level and the Hawks looked dangerous in NAB. Havnt seen any of Geelong to comment on them. Our record against top 8 teams last year was vey poor.
    Apart from tactics/game plan who do we need to enable us to improve next year and beyond (or do we have enough talent waiting to come in who will give us the improvement)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345