Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sydney Swans and Greater Western Sydney Giants becoming the best of enemies

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    How many more years do you think the AFL will make us play GWS at their home ground in round 1?
    To be fair, generally the SCG isn't available for Round 1.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Well I thought it was sort of funny.
    So did I!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    To be fair, generally the SCG isn't available for Round 1.
    This year it's not even available for cricket. Apparently the C in SCG stands for catchball more commonly known as baseball.

While it's not on till next weekend I'm sure they are busily preparing the dugouts right now.

So NSW wins host rights to the Sheffield Shield final and it will be played in Canberra. Grump grump.

Happy and I know it
    Yes I know that, but I wonder if we are locked in forever playing GWS in round 1?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Senior Player
    Maybe we should try to lock down a Good Friday ANZ derby fixture, ride off the Easter Show.

it will be hilarious to see if anyone turns up for the baseball, especially since the players don't want to come. Still the ground staff think they can get the surface repaired enough for us to play on it in a months time. What are the odds? Oops sorry, that sounded like a turquoise betting agency didn't it....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Actually even though I grumped about the baseball earlier I've bought a ticket for the opening night Dodgers v Team Australia. Wasn't prepared to pay the price for the actual Major League matches. Astronomical, similar to AFL grand final prices. So I agree will be interesting to see how many people turn up. It's priced out of the reach of families.

I've retained some interest in baseball ever since having a big crush on a state representative baseballer when I was a teenager!

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Actually even though I grumped about the baseball earlier I've bought a ticket for the opening night Dodgers v Team Australia. Wasn't prepared to pay the price for the actual Major League matches. Astronomical, similar to AFL grand final prices. So I agree will be interesting to see how many people turn up. It's priced out of the reach of families.

I've retained some interest in baseball ever since having a big crush on a state representative baseballer when I was a teenager!
    I'm going to the saturday game, sitting on the first level of the new stand, right behind the batters box - soooo excited!!! Normally I'd be grumbly about all the disruption to the cricket and the footy, but for this I'll make an exception!
    Gooooo the D.Backs...

I am also up in the Noble behind the batters' box but level 2 and the earlier match against Oz. So I've paid close to $400 less than I would have had to pay for the best seats on Sat or Sun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123