Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: ROK?

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    He's finished. If he can't play in the middle, he sure as hell is useless in the forward line. Get Towers in to play a lead up forward to get some @@@@ing structure.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Senior Player
    Yeah I think he's done and Shaw may not be far behind.

It's hard to see Ryan getting another game. He's not going to get any quicker. I don't know how he can improve.

Suspended by the MRP
    ROK is clearly being played out of position. He was amongst the best half forward flankers from 2004 - 2008, but that time has passed. Playing him on the half forward flank, as he was against Collingwood, is like asking Adam Goodes to play in the ruck.

ROK needs to be played in tight alongside Kennedy in the inside midfield battle. He can use his quick reactions, tackling ability, and brute strength in tight.

I'm a huge fan, but if Longmire refuses to use him in tight, then he is in big trouble.

Senior Player
    I too think ROK is in trouble. I was a bug supporter if him after last week. But I think we had very little impact last night and when he did get the ball he was pretty in effective with it. There were one or two possessions he had on the 50 metres arc which he would have back for a set shot in the past but now just looked for a target closer and most often turned the ball over.

I hate saying that cause I love ROK he has been a been a champion for us. But I don't think he can be part of our forward structure. If he is not fast enough of the midfield anymore then we can't afford to play him. If we are losing as a team then we have to look to the younger players.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Very surprised none of the journos asked about ROK in the press conference

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Very surprised none of the journos asked about ROK in the press conference
    They're probably saving the ROK questions for Buddy so the naysayers can have another grizzle about the Buddy recruitment...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I think he is done as well. A couple of times last night his attempts at 'tackles' did not get within cooee of the players, and his stats tell that he did not lay one successful tackle.

Its so sad to see, but footy moves on, and we are certainly in no position to be being sympathetic if we want to get our season going any time soon. I'd still love to see him make it 300, but we would need to be selective in which matches he plays in in order to reach the milestone, as he looks more and more like he will just be a passenger in the big games.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    He starts every season slowly. Last year at the same time people were calling for his head. Like race horses; as they get older they take longer to get to their top with each preparation. Shaw has had a Lars job, so you can't expect him to be at his top yet. If you have played the game and you lost your touch, then you would agree it takes time to find it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    He starts every season slowly. Last year at the same time people were calling for his head. Like race horses; as they get older they take longer to get to their top with each preparation. Shaw has had a Lars job, so you can't expect him to be at his top yet. If you have played the game and you lost your touch, then you would agree it takes time to find it again.
    That's true Nico, but ROK looks done in terms of having pace and stamina to be effective. He will be a target now for opposition teams, as anyone with any reasonable amount of pace will run off him at will. I hope he comes good, but I have strong doubts after watching him live last night that he will
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    After that effort, it's hard to see either of Shaw or ROK playing much seniors this year. You don't write champs off too quickly but he looked wayyyy of the pace.

Warming the Bench
    I am guessing that the plan was for ROK to be subbed off at 3Q time, but the injury to Rohan prevented that.

He looked horribly out of place and barring a big injury toll, I can't see him making a Swan's senior return.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910