Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our game plan

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar

Our game plan

Our game plan of moving the ball glacially and kicking to stationary targets in contested situations seems to have been worked out. I'm a bit surprised we persevered with it despite the addition of the ten million dollar man.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

Lord if i hear the ten million dollar man thing one more time... and it's only day one

Point taken. I will call him the Terrible Set Shot For Goal Man instead. Are you happy now?
    My point was, don't you think we would actually adjust the way we play to make use of his supposed talents?

Blog Entries
    Our game plan only sucks when we lose.
    Which isn't that often these days.

Happy and I know it
    We have a game plan?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Our game plan only sucks when we lose.
    Which isn't that often these days.
    You are right. Last year we only lost when we played against genuine premiership contenders. Our game plan was ok against rubbish teams ....until today.

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Point taken. I will call him the Terrible Set Shot For Goal Man instead. Are you happy now?
    My point was, don't you think we would actually adjust the way we play to make use of his supposed talents?
    I've haven't understood our forward plan for a long time. Perhaps thats the plan. And in the big picture it's been working!

Opti-pessi-misti
    I was only listening to a radio broadcast and from what the commentators were saying it seems like we haven't changed our game plan much, if at all. Two or three players hanging off Buddy at times!! Where were the leading forwards or those who were there to received the incoming ball while Buddy was the decoy? Where was Sam or LRT?

It also seemed very strange to go into the game with Pyke as the only ruckman after him having such a limited preparation. If LRT was supposed to be the support ruckman, he too has had a very limited preparation. Did they underrate the Giants? And did they underrate the influence of a fit and firing Mummy when they let him go!

I honestly thought that we had well past the days of dependence on Adam Goodes but when the crunch came in the last quarter and no one stood up to change the Giants' momentum he did come to mind! A bit disappointing!

as above

+2

Although I should have added that Macca was certainly trying to play the 'change the momentum' role.

The loss of Jack & possibly Hannebery's worst game at the Swans didn't help our cause! Hanners looked as flat as the Poms in the fifth test!

Delivery to Buddy was poor, intensity was lacking as shown by the amount of errors & holding the ball decisions against us. Their kids beat us at our own game. Simple as that.

Better to lose in Round 1 and steel the boys into action. By the look of Horse, suggest the lads will be flogged on the track this week. And rightly so...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast